17|| Cherish Him and New Place

🌿

Ivy's Perspective:

Every morning, the first noise I heard upon waking up was the loud snoring coming from Missy. I didn't want to tell her how loud she was at snoring because I feared I might aggravate her. So every morning, I was jolted awake by her noisy and sharp snores. I kept thinking to myself that I needed a new room, something that could provide me with some privacy. It was barely 6:00 in the morning when I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and comb my hair. After that, I went to the kitchen, feeling sleepy and tired. Mrs Cooper and their meemaw, Connie, were awake. Mrs Cooper was making eggs and bacon while Connie was drinking coffee next to me. 

"How did you sleep, kiddo?" Connie asked me as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Terrible. The first noise I heard was snoring, and I could barely gather enough energy to function properly," I groaned hesitantly.

"I'm sorry to hear that, sweetie," Mrs Cooper apologized to me. "I'll make you some breakfast right away to restore your energy," she offered.

"Thank you, Mrs Cooper."

As Mrs Cooper went ahead to make some food, Connie turned to me and said, "You know, there's a free room you can have. Someone used to own it before, but you can have it if you want."

"Really? Well, I want that room pretty badly, but I wanted to ask you first if you're okay with it?" I replied.

"I would be okay with it, as long as you don't make too much noise in the middle of the night. Otherwise, I'm completely fine with it," she said and took a sip of her coffee.

Mrs Cooper placed breakfast in front of me, and I started to eat the food she had provided. I started with the eggs, and suddenly, Sheldon was also up, wearing his dark blue robes and sat down in front of me. 

"Good morning," he greeted rather uneasily.

"Why so down, moon pie?" Connie asked her grandson.

He sighed, and I looked up to listen to the conversation, "Yesterday I arranged a party, but no one came to celebrate the database I made. Not a single person!" he exclaimed. "That's why I'm upset this early morning. I barely got any sleep."

"I can agree," I mumbled under my breath as I continued to eat the toast.

"Well, why didn't you tell us sooner?" Mrs Cooper placed the plate filled with food in front of him as she sat down beside him.

"I wanted it for scientists and students only, but unfortunately, I heard people whispering behind my back that it was boring and it wasn't even a real party. I told them I put all my effort into it, but not even Dr Sturgis nor Dr Linkletter bothered to come by," his voice started to crack.

"It's alright Sheldon, maybe we can arrange another party soon?" I comforted him.

He then got up and said, "I think I need some space. See you." He gave me one last look and turned back to his room. I sighed. I had never seen Sheldon in a bad mood. Hesitantly, I stood up and went to his door. It was locked, and I knocked gently to let him know it was me.

"Go away!" he yelled.

"Come on, Lee. I'm here to talk to you. Let me in," I told him softly. I heard him sigh and click the door open. I saw his eyes filled with tears that I had never seen before, and I frowned at this feeling. It hurt to see him cry like this.

"Can I?" I asked him.

"Y-yeah," he said.

I entered his room and saw his train collection on a table. I sat down on his bed, and he sat down beside me. I turned to look at him, but he looked down to avoid eye contact.

"Does it hurt when nobody came to your party yesterday?" I asked him.

He nodded. "I don't like being alone that much," he said.

I sighed, still seeing his eyes fill up with tears as they slowly rolled down from his cheek. "Do you need a hug or what?" I asked him politely.

"I'd like that, please."

I slowly leaned in to hug him gently, patting him on the back. I heard his sniffs and silent sobs, and it broke my heart to see him like this. But I was here for him, no matter what. I thought I felt like someone was staring at us, but I ignored that feeling and resumed hugging him gently. After that, his eyes were wet, and I wiped them away using my thumb as my palm stayed on his cheek. I brushed the tears away from his eyes, making him smile slightly.

"What's so happy?" I asked him.

"Nothing," he slightly chuckled.

"Come on, my breakfast is already cold, and so is yours too," I stood up and offered him my hand. Gladly, he accepted, and we walked out together.

💫

I started to pack up my clothes, items and some of my stuff that Missy uses at some point. After that, I headed to the garage to grab Bear so I could take him inside.

"Come on, Bear," I called his name out, and he came running to me as a small smile appeared on my lips seeing him so energetic.

As I tightened my bag to my body and carried Bear gently on the way to Connie's house, I knocked on her door, and it twisted open to reveal Connie.

"Hey -- is that a puppy I see?" she gasped.

"I wanted to ask if it is alright if there is a puppy at your house for a while? Don't worry! I will take care of it if you don't want to anywho," I warned her.

She sighed, and stepped away from the doorway to let me in, "It can stay in your room anyway." she said.

I smiled, knowing Bear was able to stay in my room as long as it wanted it to, I went upstairs hurriedly and checked the rooms to see where my new room was going to be, and boy, my jaw dropped open.

The wallpaper was designed with those pretty white daisies all over it, the bed already made well, between the two, extensive windows from here, two drawers on the corner on the left, and one closet near the right window, and there was even a nice and decent bathroom next to my left. I saw a large mirror next to me, the cosy rug below me was scarlet red, and on top were some cute lights I had seen so far.

"It looks plain, huh?" Connie said.

"No, I think the room's amazing," I then turned to show her I was thankful for this offer, smiling happily. "Thank you so much, Connie."

She chuckles, "Oh, don't mind, just get some rest by now," she said and left me behind.

"Guess I'll start unpacking," I tell myself.

🍒