3|| Past, Low Memories

📶

Next Day...

It was another school day, Rose had to be honest, if she were Sheldon right now, who just already graduated earlier, she'd switch places with him. But only if it were possible, she would do it. Yet, it wouldn't happen.

Learning wasn't her usual thing, regardless she was top of her class since Sheldon was not here. Studying was not what she usually liked all the time, she wasn't a teacher's pet student or high honour student, she just wanted to be normal rather than smart, though she is.

As she just took down notes from her science class, scanning all the words her teacher was saying before they ended early, she was fatigued and just wanted to get some sleep. She didn't feel well, and she did not like this feeling she felt, her head was spinning, her eyes blurry, and didn't feel like walking out back to her home.

As class ended soon, she packed up all the things, went out, and headed on her way.

She decided to stop by a park and relax for a while, nevertheless, if she had a sick, she wanted some fresh air to herself.

She sat down from an empty swing, slowly pushing herself with force to make the swing move forward and backwards. The wind blew her whole air out as she went forward, and she just loved expressing herself from the wind.

Finally stopping, she notices two teenagers holding hands, giggling and blushing as they keep on touching each other. And out of the blue, they kissed.

Rose felt her heart twisted, she was too young to have someone with her, but she really needed a person for her to tell them about her family issues and regardless, maybe her whole life too. She hated living with her father like this, why? He always abuses her whenever he's drunk, even without getting drunk, he'd punish her if she isn't perfect enough. Her mother tried to stop him, but her father was too strong.

She felt her eyes watery, and swiftly wiped them away quickly, sniffing.

Grabbing her bag instantly, she marched towards her way home.

She stomped on the mattress to clean her shoes, twisted the door open, and heard yelling coming from the kitchen, her mother and father arguing, again. This was affecting Rose a lot, they yelled about her, and everything affecting her when they fought.

"Why are so so overprotective of our daughter?! She isn't perfect enough to get good grades--" (Father)

"That's because we barely help her out because we would always argue every time! I don't even know why we are still together anyway --"

"I don't care, okay?! She may be our daughter, but she isn't the one I raised," he hissed at his own wife hysterically.

She silently sobbed, going upstairs, and closing the door gently, so no one would hear her cry and know she was there.

All of her memories with her father flooded inside her mind, her happy memories with him used to be such happiness, but went down to flames and misery. She wanted to have a perfect family, like Missy's family, they wouldn't argue a lot these days, why was Rose so unlucky to have such a broken family? She wanted to have at least a good family who'd raised her perfectly like all other parents would do, but why was she not normal like the rest out there?

She sobbed even more, tears streaming down her eyes, she only moved in from Texas and did not like her life anymore. She'd rather die than live with her broken family right now. She didn't wish for all this to happen, if only she could turn back the time, if only she had a wish to make this all a dream or a nightmare. She hated this life she received and would have wished she lived somewhere else than here anymore.

Rose stayed there the whole night, not bothering to go down for dinner, she may have starved, but for all she cared, she didn't want to face her family after an argument. Rose stayed quiet the whole night, slept on the hard carpet, curled up from a ball from, a long experience of crying. Her dream pictured her family happy together, them all smiling, fooling around, and everything else that made them happy.

In expectation from her dream, it all turned to darkness, showing herself in the middle of her parents, them yelling at her. For not being so perfect, beautiful enough, and failing. Her hands were buried in her face, not trying to show the tears coming down from her eyes. She hated crying in front of people, especially her friends.

And there, Rose gasped, and sat up, her eyes dry, shivering since she wore no blanket and did not change to her bedtime outfit. She lay down on the hard carpet, overthinking about the dream she had just dreamt. She was overwhelmed with a mixture of emotional, and sad feelings. She wanted to tell someone so much, yet she was worried someone might worry for her, and it would be so embarrassing to tell someone. She felt like screaming, but seeing the sun no longer there, replaced by the night moon, she just went back to sleep, thinking all her life was not real.

___

This was emotional, for Rose, wasn't it?

-qos