one. pilot

CHAPTER ONE
the salvatore saviour!

Why do people do the things they do? But it's not really the 'why' that Iylah Hale was interested in the most, but another question

Why do people do the things they do? But it's not really the 'why' that Iylah Hale was interested in the most, but another question. How far can you go down the wrong path before it's too late to get on the right one?

Although, thinking about her life before ten years old, that message would be a lot different. Where Iylah wasn't going through the five stages of grief, until that night, when her home engulfed in flames unexpectedly, killing every family member stood in that home but herself.

As somehow after the eventful torture, Iylah Hale had miraculously survived when she was found outside her home, feeling nothing but pain as the image of what happened that night had already imprinted on her skin — leaving her hospitalised for three years.

Following on with the aftermath that led for Iylah moving to Mystic Falls to live with her Grandma and cousin. Little did she know what she would soon be getting into, with her pain either getting better or worse from then onwards.

It was September in 2009, and Iylah had already been out the hospital for two years, although she was still recovering from both her injuries and feeling the loss of her family.

"So Grams is telling me I'm psychic." Bonnie, her cousin was driving her and Elena to school, and along the way, the Bennett decided to inform her friend about her recent discovery. "Our ancestors were from Salem, witches and all that. I know, crazy, but she's going on and on about it. I'm like, 'put this woman in a home already'."

If only you knew. Iylah was sat in the backseat of the car, with her eyes glued to her book, listening as her cousin continued. "But I started thinking, I predicted Obama, and I predicted Heath Ledger, and I still think Florida will break off and turn into little resort islands."

Bonnie glanced at her friend to see if she was still listening, when she found the brunette zoned out as she stared out the window. "Elena!" She called out, snapping her out of it. "Back in the car."

"I did it again, didn't I? I'm sorry, Bonnie." Elena sighed as Iylah felt empathy for her. She had only lost her parents that spring during a car accident that she almost didn't survive either, just like she did five years ago. "You were telling me that—"

"That I'm psychic now."

"Right, okay," Elena smiled lightly and glanced at Iylah for a second to check on her. "then predict something about me." She told Bonnie.

Bonnie sighed. "I see—" She trailed off, when the sight of a crow flying into the bumper of the car, interrupted her thoughts as they flinched before the car skidded to a stop. "What was that?"