six. lost girls

CHAPTER SIX
vicki's in trouble!

Iylah sat down outside the Grill at one end of the table, glancing between Stefan and Elena who sat on either side of her

Iylah sat down outside the Grill at one end of the table, glancing between Stefan and Elena who sat on either side of her. "You said you would explain everything. That's why I asked you to meet me."

As Elena started the conversation, Iylah mentally sighed in relief when the silence had finally came to a stop. The truth was, she had been invited by Stefan in the spirit of honesty, since apparently a couple secrets had been revealed the night before while she was at home with Bonnie.

The fifteen year old thought it would be better for him and herself if she tagged along, to tell Elena about her supernatural abilities too. Maybe then, the girl could have someone else to talk to about her powers, apart from Stefan and her Grams.

Until she would tell Bonnie of course.

With the look on her face remaining straight, the brunette continued. "When you google 'vampire', you get a world of fiction. What's reality?"

"I can tell you whatever you want to know."

His words also applied to Iylah — with that being another reason why she wanted to come. Yes, she knew about vampires, but only from what Natalia Hale, her mother, had told her.

"I know you eat garlic." Elena commented. Stefan nodded his head, letting out a 'yes' before the girl carried on talking. "And somehow, sunlight's not an issue?"

Iylah looked up from her phone when she heard a new voice, to see a waitress had approached their table with a tray of their drinks in their hand. She honestly felt like her inner child was screaming at her, sitting at the dinner table while watching her parents argue. She felt so awkward that she was starting to regret going in the first place.

They thanked the waitress for their drinks, and as soon as she walked off, Stefan looked back at the girls, raising his hand slightly that held a ring on his middle finger and stated. "We have rings that protect us."

"Crucifixes?"

"Decorative."

Iylah leaned forward slightly, opening her mouth to join in on the questioning. "What about holy water?"

"Drinkable." He answered her, before Elena then carried on.

"Mirrors?"

"Myth."

"You said you don't kill to survive." The brunette girl recalled what Stefan said previously.