five. you're undead to me

CHAPTER FIVE
the sexy suds car wash!

Iylah sat on the roof of the Bennett Residence at night, looking up at the stars like she normally did when she couldn't sleep

Iylah sat on the roof of the Bennett Residence at night, looking up at the stars like she normally did when she couldn't sleep. All of a sudden, she felt a breeze, and she looked away from the sky and stared ahead with a sigh. "I didn't think you would show up, never mind act like you're in doodle jump in my presence." Iylah mused, her words being aimed towards the person that came up behind her.

"You said you wanted to talk..."

"So does that mean your little problem with your brother is over with?" Iylah assumed, since she got the message that she wouldn't see him again until he solved his problem with his brother.

"No." Stefan shook his head as he slowly walked up behind the girl. "But, I know you are wanting answers to whatever questions you have for me."

Iylah stayed quiet as she responded with a small nod. "The Grill wasn't where we met for the first time, was it, Stefan?" She theorised, making the Salvatore sigh before he sat down next to her.

"No... um, it wasn't." Stefan replied, speaking at a similar volume to Iylah, since Bonnie and her Grams were asleep inside and she didn't want to wake them up.

"You can tell me, Stefan." Iylah insisted in a soft tone, implying that whatever he was afraid to tell the girl, she needed to hear it. What was he doing there that night? "It's okay."

"Well, every couple of years I come back here to check on Zach and the house. I was out near the woods when I could smell... smoke." He began to narrate his point of view, of what happened that night of the fire. "I ran off and got there as fast as I could. You were the first person I found and that's when I brought you out of the house. You were wounded but still alive. I went back in the house for your family, but I was too late. When I came back to you, that's when the police and fire department arrived." Stefan turned to look at a teary-eyed Iylah. "I'm sorry, Iylah."

"It's not your fault, Stefan." The fifteen-year old made sure to tell him, gulping down nothing as she tried to hold back her tears. "At least now, I can say thank you for saving me." Stefan's face softened at her words, before it faltered at what she said next. "Elena doesn't know, does she?"

The Salvatore sighed. "No..." He answered, since he knew she was referring to Elena not knowing about his supernatural abilities.

"I'll keep your secret." She promised, and with a shrug of her shoulders, she carried on. "It's the least I can do, since you know what I am. But... that girl is smart. If you're acting suspicious, she will question it. So, be careful."