𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆

And so, she left them in the chamber before any of them had a chance to ask any questions.

As the anticipation grew among the students, August scanned the crowd, hoping to locate Harry amidst the throng. However, her gaze unexpectedly landed on the same boy who had left her waiting near the boats. Normally, she might have chosen to spare him the embarrassment by staying silent, but in this instance, she felt it was important to address his behavior.
Unfortunately, before she could approach him, her attention was diverted by the sound of her own name echoing down the corridor.

"Flamel, I've been looking for you since we got off the train!" Pansy, the girl with short hair whom she had encountered earlier, called out to her. Despite Pansy's presence, August couldn't help but steal glances at the tall boy, noticing a similar curiosity in his expression regarding her surname. However, she didn't dwell on it too much and swiftly turned to locate Pansy, who had just addressed her.

Engaging in conversation, they began to learn more about each other, momentarily allowing August to forget about the impending event of being sorted in front of the entire school. Just as they were engrossed in their chat, the grand doors swung open under the command of Professor McGonagall, signaling that it was time to proceed.

"Now, form a line." The professor instructed the first years. "And follow me." She continued by walking upfront everyone in the splendid room. August, despite of living in Hogwarts for a short time, had never been able to experience the great magical feeling of gazing at the thousands and thousands of lit candles floating around.

At the top of the hall was the long table where the professors were seated, August gasped, cheering up at the sight of Dumbledore and Snape, the first welcoming them with a noble smile on his face while the other looked as serious and bored as he had this very morning and every day before that.

McGonagall placed the pointed Wizard's hat. The hat was patched and extremely dirty. For a few seconds, there was complete silence. Then the hat twitched. A rip near the brim opened wide like a mouth; and the hat began to sing:

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty, but don't judge on what you see, I'll eat myself if you can find a smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black, your top hats sleek and tall, for I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat and I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head the Sorting Hat can't see, so try me on and I will tell you where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve, and chivalry Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff, where they are just and loyal, those patient Hufflepuffs are true And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw, if you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning, will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin, you'll make your real friends, those cunning folk use any means to achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid! And don't get in a flap!

You're in safe hands (though I have none)

For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

The whole room burst into applause after the hat finished his song. He bowed to each of the four tables and then stood still again.

Professor McGonagall stepped forward holding a long roll of parchment.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," she said.

As the first girl in line stepped forward, August could feel her legs shaking.

"HUFFLEPUFF!" shouted the hat.