Marvel's The Imperial - Gideon's Experiments (Intro)

Roberto Da Costa

-SOKOVIA- 

2012 

Flitting Blinks, a pulsing headache, searing pain, throbbing agony. Feelings one would never grow accustomed to waking to. It felt as if someone was hammering a flathead nail inside of your head. 

These are the feelings Roberto woke to each dreadful day. Day in and Day out, he felt he would collapse on his face if it wasn't for the chain cuff wrapped uncomfortably around his wrists, binding them together. It held him up in a fairly awkward position. He found early on that it was made to suppress his superhuman abilities. The chain was connected to the roof of the cell, hidden by a blinding white light that kept him awake and only added to his silent and miserable suffering. 

His thin arms were sore and numb, more-so suffering from being held above his head for so long. His throat was parched and drier than the Sahara Desert on a good day. He occasionally received water every few hours, but not nearly enough to satisfy the undying thirst. 

Returning to semi-consciousness was usually a slow and painful process, every second was agony and brought about more intense pain to suffer in. It was a twisted and miserable experience.

Suddenly, A shadow figure crossed Roberto's vision. Though, he couldn't tell if was his cruel captors, or some spiritual entity. At least he had the sense to formulate those possibilities.

Roberto croaked weakly. His dry throat unable to even rasp any words. The collar around his neck certainly didn't help any, it was most likely another power suppressant. His skin was covered in burns and scars from the experiments done on him. 

He'd been given the small mercy of being able to sit, but the scars and burns all over his body proved this to be near impossible without severe discomfort. He could remember pieces of his family, fragmented memories of them at least.