Chapter 1 (Edited)

A-Yuan was startled by the loud noise as he bolted awake. He then slowly peeks out of the tree trunk that he hides in.

There, he saw the houses that his uncles and aunts have built all burned down. His eyes teared up when he noticed he was all alone. He stood up and started to run to find someone.

His Baba.

He needed to find his Baba.

"Baba!"

A-Yuan cried, when he suddenly stopped on his search when he saw a white figure holding a black and red figure.

He recognized the white figure as his A-Die. He immediately ran to him seeking for safety and to ask questions to where his family is.

"A-Die!"

A-Yuan cried clutching on Lan Wangji's sleeves.

Lan Wangji seemed startled by him but he immediately calmed down when he saw it was A-Yuan.

"A-Die! What happened to Baba? "

A-Yuan asked, his tears slipping from his eyes.

Lan Wangji looked pained as Wei Wuxian moved in his arms.

Lan Wangji immediately put his attention to his Wei Ying.

"Wei Ying "

Lan Wangji whispered as tears began forming in his eyes making him so out of character. This made Wei Wuxian smile up at him as he groaned painfully when trying to sit up.

Lan Wangji was startled when Wei Wuxian tried sitting up and almost stopped him it wasn't for Wei Wuxian's tight grip on his wrist.

"Wei Ying!"

Lan Wangji exclaim worriedly but Wei Wuxian ignored him as A-Yuan made his way to Wei Wuxian's lap.

"Baba!"

A-Yuan cried in his arms, Wei Wuxian hugging the small child in return, swaying back and forth while groaning a little at the pain. Lan Wangji smiled sadly at this and was surprised when Wei Wuxian passes a sleeping A-Yuan to him.

Lan Wangji was even more surprised when Wei Wuxian picks them both up and stand up.

"Wei Ying! Put us down!"

Lan Wangji said but Wei Wuxian once again ignored him. Lan Wangji would've struggled but he saw how painful it was for his 'Wei Ying', so he stopped and let Wei Wuxian carry him.

Wei Wuxian was walking towards the direction where his cave was supposed to be.

He entered the cave and almost immediately resentment energy started to stick to them.

Wei Wuxian smiled at the familiar feeling of the cold resentment energy it was telling him that they would protect him and his family.

"I'm sure you'll do."

Wei Wuxian mumbled as he set Lan Wangji and A-Yuan in a stone table.

"Lan Zhan... they're coming to kill me soon. I'm sure I won't be able to make it, but-

"Wei Ying! Let me fight with you!"

Lan Wangji interrupted him.

"No, I can't bear it if they hurt you. Please, take care of our little radish instead. I Love You Lan Zhan always has and always will."

Wei Wuxian said as he pulled Lan Wangji into a kiss which Lan Wangji returned back.

The kiss lasted for a while until both of them heard a loud sound outside the cave and Wei Wuxian pulled away.