Chapter 7 (Edited)

A month barely passed by and Wei Wangji was getting a lot better. She would sometimes teach Wei Sizhui and Wei Xuanyu sword techniques from Gusu and how to use the Guqin. Wei Xuanyu took a liking to a dizi though, rather than the larger instrument. It reminded Wei Wangji of his Wei Ying.

And regarding the invitation for Wei Xuanyu to Gusu, he had agreed after telling him. Wei Xuanyu was excited to go and fulfill his Father's legacy upon being the next Wei Wuxian. Wei Wangji could only sigh. He had told two other disciples to come with him. Wei Xuanyu handpicked the two disciples which were his friends.

----

After the month was over, Wei Xuanyu and his two friends, Bai Haoyu and Li Mingyu.

~(The picture at the top is what they looked likeಡ⁠ ͜⁠ ⁠ʖ⁠ ⁠ಡ. I'm not a good artist so please excuse my poor art)~

They were by the gate ready to mount their swords so they could fly to Gusu. Wei Wangji offered them another way of transportation but Wei Xuanyu insisted that he wanted to visit different villages. Wei Wangji allowed him of course since at least one of his friends was mature and strong enough if ever they get into trouble.

"Stay safe and don't cause too much trouble. I mean you Xuanyu" Wei Wangji warned, earning a chuckle from Bai Haoyu and an eye roll from Li Mingyu. Wei Xuanyu only grinned playfully.

"Of course A-Niang! I will be at my best behavior! Besides, Mingyu's there!" Wei Xuanyu said sending a wink to Li Mingyu who crossed his arms and glared at him. Wei Wangji smiled subtly at the exchange.

"Go now, you'll need to be early for good impression."

"Noted A-Niang!"

-------

"A-Niang, will I be able to go to Gusu when I grow up?" Wei Sizhui asked, they were in the garden pavilion, eating snacks and drinking tea. Wei Wangji wanted to spend time with his son while the older one was currently in Gusu.

It has been a month since Wei Xuanyu left and so far, no complaints was heard. Wei Wangji assume Wei Xuanyu was doing well. He often receives letters from the said boy and it was always how different Gusu looks like than what he would've imagine. Wei Wangji could only smile at the letters.

"Of course, you'll need to learn more. You also need to make more friends, outside of the Sect"

"But I already have friends outside of the sect! Jingyi and Jin Ling!"

Wei Wangji couldn't help but smile fondly at his son.

"Mn, you'll be going to classes together in the future" Wei Sizhui's eyes sparkled and smiled widely that made Wei Wangji surprised for a second. He thought he had seen his Wei Ying. He shake his head lightly at stroke Wei Sizhui's hair fondly.

"We'll be best friends forever!"

------

Wei Xuanyu's P.O.V.

'This is fun.."

Is what I should be thinking. But. No. This is worse than I can even imagine! This place is boring! So boring that the first thing I do when I wake up is rip my head off. How did A-Niang grow up in this place? And how did A-Die keep up when he was still here? This place is definitely not what I had in mind. I've been here for a month already!

I sighed for the thousandth time this day. We were in the classroom while Lan Qiren was talking about things I already knew. I glance at my side to see Bai Haiyu forcing himself to stay awake. I glanced at my other side to see Li Mingyu who was sitting up straight. He had a blank expression on his face which was normal. I wonder how he can listen to such a boring discussion. We already learned this back at the Sect.