Chapter 9 (Edited)

"Are you sure you're up to this Huaisang?" Jiang Wanyin asked frowning slightly at the danger his friend is in. Nie Huaisang had volunteered to execute their plan and in order for that to happen. He has to transfer his consciousness to a little paper man.

Nie Mingjue and Wei Wangji were reluctant to let him but when Jiang Wanyin told them he'd supervised, at least they got a little bit of reassurance.

Right now, they are currently in Lanling. Both are inside Nie Huaisang's guest chambers. Nie Huaisang was keeping himself calm as he proceeded to focus his energy on the little paper man in front of him.

"Yes. I'm sure and remember, ring the bell after half an incense stick." Nie Huaisang said, Jiang Wanyin only nodded before Nie Huaisang finally managed to transfer his consciousness to the paper man on the table.

Jiang Wanyin caught Nie Huaisang's unconscious body as the little paper man slowly moved and began to stand up and made a small wave action to Jiang Wanyin.

Jiang Wanyin carefully picks up the little figure and opens the window.

"You have half an incense to investigate. Stay safe" Jiang Wanyin warned, earning a small nod from the little figure as it blew on the wind. The paper man was already enchanted by wind formation by Wei Wangji before giving it to them. It was safe to use unless it tears, then they'll have a huge problem.

The paper man flew with the wind guiding him as he slowly slipped into an open window. He then landed on the ground and began to walk around the room. Coincidentally enough, it was Jin Guangyao's chambers.

'I must be lucky!'

----

"Madam Wei. A letter came from Gusu." A disciple stated handing the letter to Wei Wangji who opened it and began to read its contents. She suddenly stood up, surprising the disciples and servants around her.

"Call Xue Yang. Tell him we're leaving for Gusu." She said, she then began to leave as the servants nodded and scurried away. The disciples were shocked and scared at the same time. Wei Wangji had a scary expression on her face and was afraid of her.

--

"I'm here! Why are we going to Gusu?" Xue Yang asked upon arriving at the gates. Wei Wangji was already waiting for him.

"Wei Xuanyu got into an accident." Wei Wangji explained, earning a surprised face from Xue Yang.

"What?! Then, what are we waiting for?! Let's go!" Xue Yang shouted worry could be seen on his face. Wei Wangji nodded and opened a portal using resentment energy for them to go through.

---

They both arrived just outside of Gusu and Wei Wangji immediately dispersed the resentment energy as the disciples approached them.

"Madam Wei. Follow us" They said as Wei Wangji only nodded and followed them with Xue Yang behind him.

They were led to the medical hall as Wei Wangji remembered. The disciples opened the door for him. He nodded at them before he entered and saw Wei Xuanyu in a bed half naked with a bandage around his chest. Li Mingyu and Bai Haoyu were there and so was Lan Xichen.

Wei Wangji immediately hurried towards his son and kneeled by his bed. His face was plastered with worry that made Lan Xichen feel guilty for, not just because he failed to protect his students but upon observing Wei Wangji's actions...it reminded him of his missing brother.

"Madam Wei. I sincerely apologize for having put your son in danger." Lan Xichen said as Wei Wangji looked up at him with a cold and blank look. It almost made Lan Xichen shiver. Almost.