Volt 48

Warnings: We all know what this is
Word count: 1630

Notes:
Italics - Tsukare signing
Underlined italics - Family member/friend signing
'Italics with apostrophes' - Thoughts

The third day of camp was spent much like the day before, my throat felt like it was on fire, and I now had a permanent water bottle beside me. The drink was ice cold fortunately, and it did help with the pain in my throat. My body was ran into the ground by the time I helped with dinner again. Bakugou and I working in silence as we chopped vegetables. My hearing aids out and charging before the forest tonight. The forest of fright, as I liked to call it, being similar to a tradition. Hitoshi and I went with our parents each summer but this would be our first year participating.

All of us gathered in front of the woods, the remedial class not allowed to participate.

"Okay, so. Class B is going to start out as our 'scarers'. When they're in place, Class A will leave in pairs every three minutes. There are tags with your names on them at the far end of the route. Your goal is to collect those." The test of courage being explained, even though I didn't need the rules, it was nice to hear them again.

I drew my lot and saw that I got Midoriya, the two of us going last. I wasn't upset about it, it gave me time to relax. I heard plenty of screams coming from the forest, the fifth group leaving when I smelled something... burning.

"Aunt Shino? You smell that?" I looked at the trees and felt my heart stop. "Hitoshi. Kota. Shit. Shit, shit, shit. Aunt Shino! Kota's out there!" Her eyes widened. "I- I need to get to Hitoshi! And Kota!" I took a deep breath and tried to steady my rapid thoughts, villains coming out and ambushing.

"How are you this evening U.A. High School?" The man with a lizard quirk spoke while wearing a Stain mask. "We are part of the Vanguard Action Squad of the League of Villains." Aunt Toko was knocked out and pinned down. He ended up rambling about Stains principles. "You two are some of the self righteous brats that attacked Stain in Hosu City. Lemme introduce myself. Call me, Spinner! I'm here to make Stains dreams a reality." He hollered while unleashing multiple blades.

"I know where he is!" She looked at me and dove out of the way of the villain.

"I'm coming with you, let's go!" Midoriya said and we started running into the forest.

"He's on the cliff side, it's his secret hideout. That ledge up there." I said while pointing at it.

"I followed you two there yesterday. I'll get him, you get your brother."

"If he doesn't listen, tell him I sent you. Got it?" He sent me a nod and we separated paths. The smoke was already thick and I pulled my shirt over my face, the fog only getting thicker.

"Toshi! You there?!" I heard rustling and saw Kendo and Tetsutetsu. "Where's my brother? I- I need to find him." Tetsu tossed me a gas mask and I pulled it on, holding extras in my hand. "Please tell me you've seen him."

"Not since he was scared. Just be careful. I don't know where he is." I tried to think of where he could be, thinking of the order we were meant to go. He was with Jirou. So he should be in front of Yaomomo, so if I cut through I should find him. "I'm gonna fight. Either of you with me?"

"I need to save my brother. We don't have permission to use our quirks. You heard Mandalay, don't engage if you can help it."

"That's never what your class does, that's why you guys are in the spotlight." Tetsutetsu and I started a steady pace to where we needed to go.

"I don't choose to, I get involved to get my friends out of their dumb decisions. So don't fight unless we need to, got it?" He sighed but nodded. After a moment, I veered off course and to where my brother should be. I found him trying to carry Jirou, his face tucked into his shirt. "Toshi! I gotcha!" I caught them as they fell. Picking up and carrying Jirou on my back and hooking Toshi's arm around us. We hobbled to the outskirts and I got them out of the fog, just near the exit and went back in after putting spare gas masks on them.