Volt 87

Warnings: Nightmares, third person POV and more PTSD
Word count: 1708
Edited: 6/24/24

Notes:
Italics - Tsukare signing
Underlined italics - Family member/friend signing
'Italics with apostrophes' - Thoughts
Leafeon is Nakami's contact name

Those who weren't already sleeping, were awoken to the building shaking along with Tsukare's broken, crying screams.

Midoriya was the first one there, Shinsou, Kirishima, Sero, Mina and Kaminari all arriving around the same time as their tired but panicked homeroom teacher. Aizawa canceled his sons quirk immediately, him and Shinsou going into the room to comfort him and give him his inhaler. Tsukare sobbed into his father's shoulder, clinging onto him like he was a scared eight year old again.

"They killed everyone. The League." He sobbed, shoulders shaking with every breath and tear. "They turned me into a nomu. I tried to make it stop, but I couldn't control my body anymore. And-" He cried out, but Aizawa stopped him, simply holding him tighter. He knew where it was going.

"It didn't happen. That's the important part. None of that happened." He soothed his youngest son, rubbing his back softly.

"I'm sorry." He managed to get out, choking on his own breath.

"Don't apologize. You're okay." Aizawa reassured him. "It's okay. You didn't mean to." He said, moving to crouch in front of his son so he could see him better.

Do you want to stay here with your friends, or do you want to come to mine and Pops'?

He froze up as he tried to make the decision, looking between his dad and his brother with a concerned look. The same look he had as a kid whenever he was asked to make a decision. Fearful of choosing the wrong thing, worried that it was a trick question that would inevitably get him in trouble.

Whatever you choose, you aren't in trouble. I just want you to feel safe and comfortable.

I'm sorry. He signed shakily, resting his head in his hands, starting to grow frustrated and disappointed with himself.

How about we stay here for a bit and if you want to go see Dad and Pops, we can go there later. His brother suggested, more hoping to be of any help possible. Onryo nervously nodded and Aizawa gave him a hug.

"Okay. Text or call me if you need anything." He said, Onryo nodded again. "I love you both."

I love you too.

He watched as his Dad walked away, saying something to his classmates before leaving. Then he saw Midoriya's ears, blood dripping down them, trickling down his freckled face and he willed himself not to cry.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you.

"It's okay. I know you didn't mean to." Midoriya told him while signing, truly not upset with his friend, more concerned with his wellbeing.

'I keep hurting people. My voice hurts people.' Onryo hung his head in shame and rubbed his watering eyes, the derogatory phrase he had grown up with playing on loop in his head, weighing down his chest to a pit forming in his stomach. His brother tapped his shoulder m, temporarily pulling him out of his thoughts and pointed to Sero.

"Do you want to go relax in my room?" He offered and he looked between his friend and his brother nervously.

"I- uh, I don't.." He trailed off, looking to his brother for a bit of guidance.

Do you want to?

I don't know.

How about we go, and if you want to leave then we can, okay?