chapter eight

"hey isafumi. haven't seen you in a while," yanagi greeted.

"hey, yanagi...."

"i'm home," (name) stated. "this is miyamura and ishikawa."

"nice to meet you," miyamura replied.

"thanks for having us," ishikawa voiced.

isafumi simply stared at the two boys (name) brought home. he looked completely stunned. (name) couldn't blame him. it isn't often he invites other guys over to his house.

"we're studying in my room so don't bother us," (name) commanded.

"yeah...." isafumi uttered.

apparently he was still trying to wrap his head around the fact that his younger brother brought boys home. one of them looked like a delinquent while the other looked like a total playboy. was his little brother finally making his high school debut?

"huh," miyamura spoke up looking around (name's) room. "your room is neat and tidy."

"c'mon," ishikawa vocalized. "he obviously went on an all out cleaning spree yesterday.

"let's just start," yanagi interjected.

silence filled the bedroom as they focused on their studies. (name) couldn't help but allow his gaze to drift aimlessly before settling on miyamura. he looked completely different in school then he did now. glasses gone, hair pulled back, piercings on display. he silently wished they were in the same class.

"(name)."

the teenager snapped out of it, acting as if he had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. he straightened upright.

"yes?!"

"how good are you at math?" miyamura inquired.

"i'm okay at it."

"do you get this part?"

miyamura shifted closer, showing him the notebook. the smallest hint of miyamura's aroma was as comforting as the darkest of warm summer nights, a warm tone. from his voice to his well chosen words - he was easy to fall in love with.

"oh," (name)  acknowledged. "this is a lot simpler than it looks. you take this formula and flip it around like this."

"i see."

"intimate, aren't we?" ishikawa vacillated.

upon realizing how close they sat to one another, (name) moved away.

"sorry."

yanagi chuckled from across the desk. "what are you apologizing for?"

"a calculated move," ishikawa intercepted.

yanagi gave him a false smile, one that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"cynical much?"

"sorry, it's just my charming personality."

"are you sure your personality doesn't also include being a di-"

"i'm tired," ishikawa interrupted. "mind if i take a quick nap?"

"don't you have any self restraint?"

miyamura suddenly stood up, making his way towards the bedroom door.

(name) looked over at him. "what's up?"

"it's my mom. i'm going out for a sec."

his mom. (name) wondered what she was like.

"now that i'm seeing you two together," yanagi began. "it's kind of strange that you and miyamura are dating."

"what do you mean by that? is it weird? do we seek like we're not right for each other?"

"i didn't mean it that way. it's just you were really intimated by him at first. he didn't seem like the type you'd be interested in."

"i did think he was a bit intimidating at first, but then we sorted that misunderstanding out. i'm still glad nonetheless."

"i want a boyfriend too."

"i'm sure you could get one right away, yanagi."

"is your brother up for grabs?"

"yanagi-"

an annoyed sigh from ishikawa put their conversation to a brief halt as he sat up.

"what do you know when you've barely been going out for a few days? are you one of those people who believes in fate or something? he helped you out with that pervert on the train right?" ishikawa asked for clarification, finally directing his attention towards (name). "just so you know he would've helped anyone in that situation. it wasn't fate or anything like that, got it? so don't think you're anyone special."

"what the hell is with you?" yanagi suddenly snapped. "you've been nothing but nasty since we've met you."

"i'm just telling it like it is."

"i'm well aware of that," (name) stated. "i just happened to be there. i don't think it was fate or anything like that but i think fate is something you choose for yourself. if that's true then i want mine to be with miyamura. it's as simple as that. anyway, how about we take a short break? i'll make tea."

he walked over to the door, pulling it open only to reveal miyamura standing on the other side. (name) almost jumped out of his skin.

"you nearly scared me half to death. you can take a seat. i'll bring some tea and snacks."

"i'll help," miyamura offered.

"i appreciate it."

only when the two had left did yanagi speak up.

"ishikawa attacks but it has no effect. you'd better not underestimate (name). despite how he looks, he's pretty tenacious."

"hmph," ishikawa simply responded.

"why are you picking a fight with him anyway? you're too old to be bullying."

"i just don't like dumb people."

━━━━━━━━

noa speaks...
just for clarification, i don't dislike
ishikawa. i only made him a
jerk for the plot. don't forget
to vote and comment. feedback
is appreciated.