chapter nine

"do you think everyone will like café au lait?" (name) asked.

"sounds good."

miyamura and (name) currently found themselves in the kitchen.

"what would you like, miyamura? we have black coffee too."

"(name)."

"yeah?"

"i heard what you said earlier."

"what? wait, what did you hear earlier? which part?"

"it was something about how you happened to be there. sorry, i shouldn't have eavesdropped."

to say that (name) felt extremely embarrassed was an understatement. the time had finally come for him to start packing. he'd move across the world, live in another state, change his name, and adopt a cat.

"(name), listen. back then i really would've done the same thing even if it hadn't been you. i didn't want to turn a blind eye and regret it later. but now it's different. i guess what i'm trying to say is that i'm glad i helped you."

"thank you."

his smile was one of happiness growing, as much as a spring flower opens. miyamura could see how it came from deep inside to light his eyes and speak into every part of him. he smiled with more than his mouth. the teen heard it in his voice, in the words he just said and the way he relaxed. it was bewitching.

(name's) breath hitched as miyamura's knuckles brushed over his cheek - touch feather light. miyamura was so close that he could feel every whisper of breath passing between his lips, slightly unrhythmic. however, they quickly pulled apart as the kitchen door opened and isafumi walked in pausing for a moment as he looked between them with a raised eyebrow.

"what were you two doing?"

"we were making tea!" (name) defensively responded. "miyamura came to help me."

isafumi hummed. "all right....do you know where the marshmallows are?"

"why would i know their whereabouts? what do you need them for anyway?"

"my sweet tooth is demanding sweets. and what's with that tone, huh? respect your older brother."

"yeah, yeah."