CHAPTER ONE; what's your favourite scary movie?

Getting a text from her boyfriend in the middle of her English class asking if she knew two students wasn't quite what Y/N had expected for the day.

Do you know Jenny Randall and Marnie Cooper?

Y/N did know the two girls. They were both in the same grade as she was. Holding her phone under her desk, Y/N responded to the text.

Yeah, they go to my school
Why? Is everything okay?

"Okay, essays are due Tuesday-" Y/N's teacher started talking, but she wasn't really paying attention.

Not really

Y/N watched the bubbles on her screen, indicating that Adam was typing. Phones all around the classroom started ringing, beeping and buzzing just seconds after the second message sent through to Y/N's phone.

"Anything with an on-off switch should be off, that's the rule!" The teacher spoke.

They were murdered last night

Y/N's mouth fell open and she looked up to see multiple other students checking their phones with similar reactions as chatter filled the classroom.

"Anyone want to share?" Questioned their teacher.

"Jenny Randall and Marnie Cooper were murdered last night." Olivia announced to the class.

"What?" The teacher asked and Jill turned around in her chair to face Olivia.

"What?"

"Stabbed to death." Charlie read off his phone, showing Kirby.

Y/N was sat behind Kirby, which meant she was beside Robbie as he started using his dumb little camera again.

"What's your favourite scary movie?" He started asking, but Olivia, Kirby and Y/N all cut him off at once.

"Shut up!"

"Yo, it's a news van." One boy spoke and all the students looked towards the window.

"Class is not over!" The teacher could not keep the class from leaving their chairs to look outside.

"That was fast." Kirby commented.

---

Walking into the police station, Y/N looked around the room until she spotted Adam sitting as his desk.

"Excuse me, Deputy." She spoke sweetly, stopping in front of his desk, and his head shot up. A smile grew on his lips and he leaned back in his chair.

"Hi." He spoke softly, still smiling. "What can I do for you?"

"Hi." She smiled back before clearing her throat. "Um, would you happen to know where I could find my friends? Olivia Morris and Jill Roberts?"

"Oh, yeah, I can take you." Deputy Perkins cut in from his desk, which was right behind them.

"Nah, don't worry about it, Perkins." Deputy Hoss stood up. "I got it."

"You sure? Because I know-"

"I'm sure."

"Really?"