CHAPTER FOUR; stab-a-thon

Y/N and Kirby left the car and headed towards the barn that would be hosting the Stab-a-Thon that night together.

Kirby was on the phone with Jill and Y/N was texting her boyfriend.

Obviously he couldn't just sit there and text her the entire time, he was on duty, but he was able to keep somewhat of a conversation going for the time.

Walking into the barn, both girls put their phones away and looked around. People were dressed up and there were red lights and loud music.

After getting drinks, Kirby and Y/N found seats while the crowd all started chanting.

"Stab-a-Thon! Stab-a-Thon! Stab-a-Thon!"

Then Charlie and Robbie stood up with their own drinks and quieted down the crowd.

"Cinema Club thanks you for coming out for our third annual Stab-a-Thon." Charlie spoke first.

"Safety in numbers, my friends. Safety in numbers." Robbie stated as the audience cheered.

"Who's ready to drink every time someone can't get a cell phone signal?" Charlie asked, which resulted in more cheers.

"Who's ready to drink every time someone shuts the refrigerator door, and, oh, my God, there's a harmless character behind it?" Robbie asked. Cheering followed.

"Who's ready to drink every time someone screams the word..."

"No!" The audience finished for Charlie.

"Let's get this Stab-a-Thon started!" Robbie announced and the two teenage boys headed off of their stage.

As the film began and the Stab title appeared, more cheers erupted from the crowd. Which happened every year.

So when a person in a Ghostface mask walked in front of the screen, the crowd started throwing popcorn and shouting at them to move, which they eventually did after slipping something just under the screen.

The masked person, whom none of the crowd knew was actually Gale Weathers, flipped off some of the crowd before leaving.

As the opening scene played and Heather Graham, playing Casey Becker, took off her robe to get in the shower, there were cheers from the audience, probably from the teenage boys.

Kirby and Y/N both got up from their seats, Kirby wanting to get another drink and Y/N not wanting to be alone.

On their way to the drinks, the girls passed Charlie and Robbie.

"Bravo. Very well done. I'm very impressed." Kirby said to them. "I mean, kind of impressed. Not really."

Y/N watched the two boys for a moment before she faced forward, still following Kirby as the sound of the audience reciting the lines of dialogue along with the film filled the whole barn.

"You know, Charlie's not that bad looking." Kirby shrugged as she filled her cup again.

"You're kidding, right?" Y/N asked and Kirby shook her head. "Seriously?"

"What? He's kinda cute. In a strange way." Kirby sipped from her cup. "I don't know."

"Kirby, I thought you didn't like him."

"I never said that. I just said I find enjoyment in teasing and bullying him." She smirked before drinking again. "Sorry he's no Sheriff's Deputy or anything..."

"Alright, whatever." Y/N rolled her eyes and started refilling her own cup. "Back to the movie now?"

"Duh, of course." Kirby and Y/N were both almost back at their seats when gunshots rang out in the barn.