CHAPTER THREE; cinema club

After Hoss and Perkins hurried over to Olivia's house, Kirby ran to Y/N.

The two girls, both with tears in their eyes, wrapped the other in a hug.

"Are you okay?" Kirby asked.

"Are you?" Y/N wiped a tear away from her eye and Kirby shook her head.

"Hang on, is that Trevor?" Kirby asked, wiping away her tears and watching as the boy ran into Olivia's house.

Kirby and Y/N ran next door too.

"Jill?" Kirby called out before they saw Trevor helping her down the stairs. Jill had a large cut on the side of her arm that was bleeding. "Oh, my God. Are you okay? Here, keep pressure on it."

Y/N stayed standing by the stairs, looking down at Sidney.

"There's nobody back there." Perkins said. "Call it in."

"Right." Hoss nodded, walking out of the house.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Perkins asked Sidney, crouching down beside her.

"You should look upstairs." She spoke softly and Perkins stood up.

Y/N stepped out of the way so Perkins could go upstairs, then sat down beside Sidney.

She had never met this woman before, but she knew she was seriously traumatized and didn't need to be blamed for everything.

"Are you okay, Sidney?" Y/N asked, her voice cracking from her tears.

Sidney looked at Y/N and pat her hand.

Y/N stayed sitting with Sidney as more police officers arrived. She couldn't stop thinking about Olivia.

As more and more cops came in and out the house, Hoss crouched down in front of Y/N.

She had been staring at the same spot on the ground for 10 minutes before he had appeared.

He put his hand on her cheek and got her to look up.

"Are you okay? Y/N?" He asked and Y/N shook her head. Tears threatened to spill as she wrapped her arms around him and buried her face into his shoulder.

He held her tight, one hand gently stroking the back of her head.

Sidney watched as Hoss helped Y/N to her feet and slowly guided her out of the house.

Sidney stood up and followed them out.

People who lived on the street were all in a crowd, calling out to Sidney, blaming her for what happened.

Y/N was now standing next to Kirby and Trevor while Jill walked over to Sidney.

After walking away from Sheriff Riley, Hoss walked over to Y/N, Kirby and Trevor.

"How're you guys holding up?" He asked and Trevor gave him a look. Not that Trevor ever looked happy about anything.

"A little bit better." Y/N spoke up. "How'd he even get in? You guys were outside, right?"

Hoss sighed and rubbed his face. "We saw him go into that yard," Adam pointed to a house down the road. "So we tried to circle around and, you know, catch him. But he disappeared. I feel like shit."

"You should." Kirby mumbled and Y/N shot her a glare.

"I'm sorry." Hoss squeezed Y/N's shoulder and headed over to his car.

---

After the hell of a night they had experienced hours before, Y/N and Kirby sat in their usual seats for Woodsboro High's Cinema Club.