009. the complete and total history of mystic falls

persnickety  ⋆

persnickety .ೃ*:
|
! CHAPTER NINE !

   "Creepy manifesto journal is your topic?" Darlene wondered through the crumbs crowding her lips

"Creepy manifesto journal is your topic?" Darlene wondered through the crumbs crowding her lips. It was around lunchtime and she, Jeremy, and Nick sat together while the latter graded the boy's work.

   "It's not creepy. It's cool. Artsy and misunderstood."  He defended, peering over Nick's shoulder to watch her red pen glide along the page. She was marking a lot slower than usual, namely because of the drawings in the margins that consistently distracted her. However, she didn't say anything, choosing to admire the doodles instead of judging them.

   "That's how a serial killer would describe himself. You said this guy is your ancestor?"

   Jeremy nodded. "Johnathan Gilbert. One of the founders."

   Nick looked up from the paper in front of her, biting off the head of the elephant animal crackers in her hand. "Shouldn't that journal be in the town archives? Mrs. Lockwood would flip." She questioned, snickering at the idea of Carol Lockwood practically losing her head.

   "I don't actually care. It's not like it belongs to her." The boy patted his bag carefully, insinuating that the journal was with him. A vaguely familiar blonde waitress walked over, dropping off Darlene's fried pickles and Nick's cheese fries before disappearing quickly.

   "Hm. It's a cool idea but, you can't just write about one person. It's a town history paper." Nick reaffirmed, turning back to the work in front of her. She stared intently at a drawing scribbled near the bottom of the page that looked an awful lot like a werewolf. Cool.

Jeremy snapped at that, getting her attention again. "That's what I wanted to tell you about. In the journal, he writes about these demons plaguing Mystic Falls and he drew them as he saw them. There are witness accounts of them and there are books in the library detailing experiences with the demons, but it cut off around the Civil War." Jeremy was nearly bouncing in his seat with excitement, pulling at his fingers in anticipation. "I think they were vampires."