Discussing Irzinog (Bonus Chapter)

The cold fires of Hell continued to crackle outside of an abandoned building in Karralan.

    Jasoslav made his way down the old, cracked walkways. He glanced at the blue, aqua, and purple fires. He extended one hand outward, dancing his finger tips above the frozen flames.

     "Here," Akachi called out to the demon. "This place should be good." He sucked in a breath. "Far away from any bystanders." The werewolf slipped into the building through the beaten up doorway, expecting Jasoslav to follow closely behind him.

    Jasoslav let his red eyes glance around the daunting roadways in Karralan before exhaling and following Akachi into the building.

    Akachi had made himself at home by sitting himself on a cracked counter. He patted the area by himself. "Come on."

     Jasoslav headed over to the counter, getting up and sitting right next to Akachi. He wetted his lips. "So... Irzinog, huh?"

     Akachi leaned backward a little, tilting his head up toward the ceiling; he planted his hands behind him, putting his weight on them. "Mhm. Irzinog Waqas... Xisuthros's big brother."

    Jasoslav looked over to Akachi, eyeing him a little. "So... Irzinog's the danger? And Xisuthros isn't?"

     Akachi nodded. "Yep." He put extra emphasis on the 'p' sound of the word.

     "Why do you say that?" The demon asked the werewolf.

     "I talked to Arkamil... You know... Irzinog and Xisuthros's brother," Akachi explained.

      "You saw Arkamil?" Jasoslav responded.

      Akachi nodded yet again. "Yeah... I uh... I was going to talk to their sister, Ashaarra, but... She's a little bit harder to locate."

     "So, what actually happened?" Jasoslav asked Akachi with a raised blonde eyebrow.

     "Basically," Akachi began to explain to the younger boy. "During the Kozgamek war... People were evolving, right? So, Sennin and Jorrir saw the evolving as bad." He swallowed. "Irzinog proposed an idea: kill the humans. Jorrir backed Irzinog's plan... But Sennin rather liked the idea of just converting all the humans to beings like us."

     Jasoslav continued to listen to Akachi's words.

    "Xisuthros didn't agree with Irzinog's methods," Akachi continued to say. "They decided to try to quicken the evolution and development of humans... Specifically by giving them fire."

    "Oh," Jasoslav's eyes grew wider as he continued to listen.

     "To make a long story short..." Akachi said. "...Irzinog saw Xisuthros's actions as treacherous... He forged Xuviphas from nothing and locked Xisuthros in there to be tortured for all eternity... Irzinog slayed one of Xisuthros's accomplices, Azariyuk."

    "Azariyuk was one of Jorrir's former assassins, right?" Jasoslav asked.

     Akachi nodded. "Yep. He was... Arkamil took no side in the fight because he was terrified of what Irzinog might do to him if he did... But as for their sister, Ashaarra... She aided Xisuthros and their cause..."

     "I'm assuming Irzinog didn't take to kindly to that," Jasoslav commented.

     "You'd be right," Akachi replied. "Irzinog slaughtered Ashaarra's little boy... Xthyo in cold blood... That was her punishment."

     "Irzinog gaslit the whole world into believing Xisuthros was some monster that they really weren't," Jasoslav said.

     "Yeah. It's fucked up." Akachi exhaled. "What now, Jasos?"

      Jasoslav sucked in a breath. "It might take a while... But... We're going to tell everyone the truth."