Chapter Three

And lastly, Charlie's book.

I zipped up my gym bags and sighed, "Do you think I missed something? I missed something didn't I?" and I opened my bags again checking every inch.

"Hey... Babe, you didn't miss anything! I swear if you could, you would've packed your whole apartment. Do you think me and Ariana in there?" teased Evan.

I finally zipped my bags for good and sat on the bed beside Evan, "I really wish you guys could go with me but I know that you are always needed in the hospital Evan, you can't just go on a trip unannounced. And Ariana, she'll be working on a big proposal, I can't get away with that either." Evan began to play with my hair, "It's gonna be a looooong week for me."

"Tell you what. I'm going to try to request for the weekend off at the hospital and as soon as I got permission, I'll call you and be there for the weekend. I'm gonna talk a flight so we could have the ride back." And he kissed my cheek, "I'm gonna miss you, a week is quite long."

I laced my fingers to his and kissed his knuckles, "me too."

And he spent the night with me.

"Babe, you awake?"

"Hmmm..." I moaned as I take in his scent. I could use to waking up to him every morning. "Five more minutes, please" and hugged him.

I could feel his body shaking from chuckling and kissed the top of my head, "but you have to be on the road to get to your first boutique destination. I've made you to-go sandwiches and coffee."

I opened my eyes slowly and turned to look at my bedside clock, 5:30. "You cooked this early?" and I looked at him and saw him in uniform already, "are you due at the hospital, it's too early for you to get to work."

"Well, I figured I would take my rounds this early this week so I could prevent missing you so much while you are away. Go on and get ready, I'll prep your car. You could eat on the road to the hospital, I'll drive and I'll give you the wheel after." And we both got up from bed.

After Evan got off at the hospital, I've become more alone with my thoughts, not even bothering to turn on the stereo.

I dropped by the first dress boutique on my list.

"Hi, I am River Young, I am the one from Teen Apple." I greeted and of course the manager of the shop accommodated me quickly.

"I need photos of the dresses if that's alright with you." And the manager agreed.

"Of course you need photos, but the thing is we don't have anyone to put it on. I am a plus size and my associate here is a little short for the dresses, it wouldn't look very good.", she pondered and stared at me, "How about you?". And she began looking at me analysing my body and all.

I scoffed, "Me?" and she nodded eagerly. "But that doesn't make sense, who would take the photos then?" and I held my DSLR, "and these are prom dresses."

"Why not? My associate here is a good photographer, you should look at her inspiration designs and those are not cut off from magazines. Come on, you need this as we need the article as well."

I looked at my watch, I've got an hour more to spare before going back on the road and of course I gave in. I don't even get why I don't want to try it on the first place.

The first dress she fitted me into is a royal red ball satin gown with a big black bow on the front bedazzled with diamond beads. This is doesn't seem like a prom dress, I think this is something for coronation!