Chapter Four

Chapter Four

While I was waiting for my food at this breakfast restaurant, I grabbed Charlie's book again and scanned these things that I put sticky tags onto. I focused my mind and got out my inner teen reporter. I need this interview to be as unbiased as possible and that I should get myself out of the book's leading lady. I need it to be the same way when I first read it, when I didn't know it was based on my personal first love story.

'And he glanced at her for the last time, tears running down his cheeks. He wished high school for her didn't have to end, he wished that he can just go with her wherever she goes. He wished that it didn't have to end. She was his forever and forever for him is something that would never end.'

"That's what I thought too." I muttered. Then the waiter came with nice bacon and eggs and latte. "Thank you." I mumbled to her.

I swiped my phone open and read the message Evan left for me. "I don't know why but I feel really uncomfortable without you here, I miss you babe. I just gave my request for leave and they are currently processing it. Fingers crossed. XO" I smiled, even though he may seem like an uptight person because he's a doctor, he is not. He is childish that every text I got from him always has a 'xo' in it. I just wish that his colleagues won't see it. I want my childish Evan to myself.

I finished my breakfast and head to the next boutique. One more boutique until I get to Michigan.

"Yellow?" Charlie's sweet voice greeted.

"Hey Charlie, it's me again. I am at the borderline of Michigan right now" I paused, "and now I'm here. So, when and where do you want to conduct the interview?"

"Hmmm, let's just meet somewhere close to home."

"You are not living in a dorm?" I asked surprised, if she isn't then they moved back.

"Nope, my mom figured that I should just live in our old house since it was never mortgaged nor opened for business. What about Three Breadsticks?"

I want to ask if she's living by herself or someone else with her but I didn't want to sound like I was asking for his brother so I didn't press it, "Three Breadsticks it is!" I said and we hanged up.

I went in the infamous 'Three Breadsticks'. I sighed as the breeze of the past came rushing. I sat at the seat near the bar, where I my usual spot was. It didn't change much.

I still recognize the red and yellow curtains and the tip jar that hold not more than $10. The counter is still the same with ashen wood and the wooden menu that is chipped on the side still hang on top. The food is all the same, just had minor changes.

"Good Evening ma'am, do you want to order now or are you waiting for someone.", the waitress greeted.

"I am waiting for someone but I'm kind of hungry." I looked up at the menu, "I'll take a clubhouse sandwich and a latte please." I smiled at her and she went to fetch my order.

After sending the needed files for the prom issue to my partner I checked my e-mail, and there was one from my mom: 'Evan called to say that he is trying to get a day off from work this weekend, why did Evan say that? Are you in Michigan right now? Why didn't you call earlier? Your dad and I went to this resort with his retirement friends. We'll be back tomorrow or a day later. Check in some hotel first.'