Chapter 3: Girl Talk

Everest's POV:

"Hey, Coral!" I called, as we finished cleaning to living room for our girls' slumber party.

"Yeah?"

"I just saw you blushing while talking to Zuma. Do you like him?" I asked, giggling.

"Uhm, no... But he did say I was pretty, and that was the first time someone said that to me," Coral replied, shyly.

"Well, I think you two will be so good together," Liberty agreed, with a nod.

"Yeah! After all, you both are Aqua Pups," Skye added.

"Oh, yeah! You're right, Cuz," Coral answered.

While we were busy chatting, we got startled by a loud thud from the entrance of the living room. It was Marshall.

"Marshall!" we all yelped after getting startled.

"Oh, hey, girls!" Marshall replied, with a chuckle.

"What are you doing here, Marshall?" I asked.

"Oh, uhm... I-I-I was just after... My ball!" Marshall responded, stuttering a bit and pointing at his red ball. 

I skipped toward it to get his red ball for him, while Liberty and Skye were giving him a teasing smile. Marshall just glared back at her. After I got the ball, I rolled it back to him.

"Here you go, Marshall!" I said as the ball reached to him.

"Oh, thank you, Everest!" Marshall answered, smiling at me.

"Uh, I'm gonna go now, girls. I'll leave you and your little girl talks alone," Marshall chuckled, running away with his ball.

"Hehe, alright! See you around, Marshall," Skye replied.

When Marshall left, we had the living room all to ourselves again. We continued our normal girl talk, as usual.

"Was he really after the ball?" Skye asked.

"What do you mean?" Coral and I asked back.

"She means that he must be after you, Everest," Liberty clarified.

"Me?" I confirmed.

"Mm-hmm!" Liberty nodded.

"Are you guys saying that he likes me?" I questioned.

"Uh, sort of?" Skye replied, who sounded not quite sure.

"Do you like her, Everest?" Coral asked, with curiosity all over her face.

"Well, uhm... Yeah, but just a friend. I never thought of like-liking him before," I answered, honestly.

"Ooh, looks like we got two couples now! A third one is coming up soon," Skye teased.

"Hey! You think I don't know about you and Chase, Skye?" Liberty teased back.

"Cuz? You have one too?" Coral questioned, surprisingly.

"Yeah, I was just about to say that until Liberty just spilled it out," Skye answered, a bit embarrassed.

"Oops, sorry, Skye!" Liberty apologized, sheepishly.

"It's alright, Lib! They do need to know that, anyway," Skye responded, with a grin, "And besides, everyone else knows about that already."

"So, who's the third one?" I asked. Skye glances at Liberty.

"Skye? Don't even try to spill it right now," Liberty begged.

"Come on, Lib! It's fine, and whoever it is, we won't tell him," I replied.