Chapter 13: Heartbroken

Marshall's POV:

I woke up from my sleep when I heard Rocky, who was still awake. Soon, Chase woke up as well. Rocky was walking in circles, full of confusion and worry.

"Rocky, why are you still awake? It's not morning yet, right?" I said.

"Rocky? What are you doing?" Chase asked.

"Oh, uh... I was just..."

"Where's Skye, Coral, Liberty, and Everest?" Marshall asked.

"And where's Zuma? WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!" Chase added, anxiously.

"I'm still here, guys," Rubble said, who was sort of half awake.

"Okay okay, I'll tell you all, just calm down... Ryder and the girls went out to drop off Coral at Puplantis. I'm awake right now because I'm supposed to cover up for them so Zuma won't find out. However, I failed to do so, and so he went after them. There's a 99% chance that Zuma will catch Coral before she could leave," Rocky explained.

"Oh, so that's what happened," I said, surprised dropping my jaw.

"Skye is gonna kill me when they get back," Rocky said.

"Don't worry, Rocky. I'll talk to Skye about that when they get back," Chase replied.

"How about we all get back to sleep now?" Rubble asked and started snoring again. We all giggled at him softly.

"Yeah, let's just go to sleep," I agreed, heading back inside his pup house.

"Same... Good night, Chase! Good night, Marshall," Rocky answered. Chase went inside his pup house as well to get back to sleep.

Everest's POV:

As Coral disappeared under the ocean, our world suddenly got super quiet. Zuma was still quiet for a few minutes, and then he looked at Ryder and spoke up. I had a bad feeling already what he was gonna say next.

"Ryder, how could you lie to me!? I trusted you that you would help me win Coral's heart! It's not only Coral that betrayed me but also you!" Zuma said, with mixed feelings of anger and sadness.

"Zuma, I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to ruin your and Coral's relationship. I just-"

Zuma runs off with his hovercraft before Ryder can finish his sentence. I could read in Ryder's face that he was disappointed and guilty of what happened.

"That didn't quite help, did it?" Liberty said.

"Nope," Skye frowned.

"Looks like we got a bigger problem now," Ryder concluded.

"Yeah, seems like it... We got Coral back to her home, but now we have a heartbroken and betrayed Zuma," I agreed.

"I know... How do we fix this?" Skye asked.

Liberty started yawning and her eyelids started dropping. It was late and I guess the best thing we could do was sleep it in first and think about it in the morning.

"How about we get some sleep first?" Liberty suggested, letting out another yawn.

"Yeah, sure, Liberty... It's late already too. I'll go get the Sea Patroller moving again," Ryder agreed, with a nod.

Ryder's POV:

As I was driving the Sea Patroller back to shore, I couldn't help but think of Zuma the whole time. I felt like this was all my fault as well. Zuma trusted me to help him with Coral, and the fact that I was involved in Coral getting away surely made him feel betrayed.