Till Death Do Us Part

Sanemi went to Giyuu's estate and started to pound his fist against the door. He waited for it to open and it didn't. So he tried to open and was embarrassed to see that it was unlocked. "Stupid Tomioka." He thought to himself. " Dumbass needs to lock his door." He walked in and scowled at the empty estate. "How boring." He looked around down stairs until it hit him the unbearable stench of blood. He looked at the stairs and ran up them. He search around until he approached a door at the end of the hall. The aroma of blood lingered around the door. He opened it and his eyes went wide.

Tomioka Giyuu hunched over a stain of blood on the floor scrubbing really hard as tears ran down his face. "What the fuck?" Sanemi said, Tomioka turned to face him. He didn't hear Sanemi enter nor did he sense his presence. "Get out." Tomioka said getting up. His hands covered in water mixed with blood."No! I'm not doing that, where did all this blood come from?" Sanemi said standing his ground.

"Mind your business! And get out!" He shoved Sanemi back, Sanemi stumbled back and Tomioka shut the door, holding the door knob. "Tomioka! Open the door!" Tomioka's tears didn't stop but they kept falling. "No! Go away!" Tomioka yelled back. "Giyuu!" Tomioka's eye's widened hearing his name apart from the master he hasn't heard anyone call his name out for a long time. His hand slipped off the knob and he fell to his knees all he wanted was to be left alone but this damn nuisance wasn't going to let that happen. "Why is this happening to me?" He thought to himself.

Sanemi opened the door as far as he can and slipped inside the room. He scanned the room, it was obvious that this was Tomioka's bed room. There was futon and some of his things here and there. He walked to the blood stain and crouched down and touched it. He sighed the blood was human.

"Let me see your hands." He turned towards Tomioka trying to help him up. He looked at them they were covered in blood and water. He had a feeling but he didn't want it to be true so he just would save his theory for later. He reached his arms out and pulled Tomioka into a hug, he never thought he'd be able to hug the water hashira but Tomioka resisted he tried so hard to push Sanemi off of him but he could. Sanemi endured Tomioka's attempts to get out of his arms.

He held him like that for an hour until Tomioka felt like he couldn't move anymore. His arms felt so weak, so he just laid there on Sanemi's chest. "Giyuu where did the blood come from?" Sanemi asked, the only other reason to ask this question other than the obvious reason was to see if Tomioka would even speak to him at the moment.

"I accidentally cut myself sharpening my sword....I didn't want to do it anymore so I turned it in to a Kakushi." Tomioka said quietly.

Sanemi sighed, he was lying but he wasn't going to push it. "I know you don't want to get married to me, trust me I know. People talk. So tell me right now and I will demand to call this off." Sanemi explained.

"It is not that I don't want to marry you it is something else." Tomioka said. "Don't lie. I know you hate me."

"I don't though....I hate something else about all this." Tomioka explained. "Really, then what is it? So I can understand this better." Sanemi asked.

"I don't like weddings." Tomioka said quietly. "No shit, but what about them do you not like?"

"Everything, I don't like the reception, the tradition, the guest, the altars, the food. The whole thing. Can we just sign a contract ?"

"So you not against marrying me? But your against a wedding?" Sanemi asked. He pulled Tomioka into his lap so he could see his face better.

"No, I guess I'm not." Tomioka was trying to keep his face hidden but it was hard because Sanemi kept moving to try and see his face. Sanemi eventually gave up and they sat in silence Sanemi had never seen a side to Tomioka like this. And Tomioka had never seen this side to Sanemi.