Police Station

Lizzie's pov:

Finally we arrive at the police station, we both get out of the car and start walking towards the door where I see my lawyer waiting for me. I can see Amelie is getting nervous, so I stop and crouch down to her level and take her hands in mine.

"Everything is going to be okay, okay? You don't have to worry, I'll be with you all the time, baby." I see that she's still a little lost in thought, but she nods anyway, so I get up again and we walk together into the police station... there are more people here than the police and my lawyer.

Police: "good morning Miss Olsen, I am police officer Jhonson, my partners and I are going to work on this case, we already spoke with your lawyer and he told us the whole situation, but we still need your testimony for this, so if you would like to come to my office and answer some questions please."

I don't want to leave Amelie alone for even 5 minutes, but there is no other option "Yeah, sure" and I turned to look at Amelie "Baby, this will only be a few seconds, don't worry, I'll be right back, okay? Sit here." , you will be safe", she simply nodded again, I can see that she is lost in her head...

Police: "Miss?"

"Yes, I'm sorry" and with that I followed the officer and told him everything I knew, from how I found her and telling them everything Amelie had told me. It took us about 15 or 20 minutes and before we left there they told me that they and a social worker have to ask Amelie some questions and also take a look at the supposed injuries she has, that bothers me a little, "you guessed?" That? Are they trying to say that she is lying? God, all that because it all adds up to filing a complaint. We leave and I see a police officer approach Amelie and tell her to follow her and the social worker. I can see she is shaking her head and panicking...my sweet girl...

"Please excuse us for a second," I say to the police and the social worker, they just nod and walk away a little "it's okay, bubba, they're just going to ask you a few questions like me, nothing's going to happen, okay?" "You're safe" he looks at me and I can see his eyes blurred by tears.

"But you said you wouldn't leave my side," she said shakily and softly, I could barely hear her.

"I know honey, I know... but we have to do it, so we can finish this as quickly as possible"

"Of course... I'm sorry... I'm not going to keep you here any longer with all this, I didn't mean to be a burden, I'm sorry" she says as she gets up and walks quickly, I couldn't stop her, her words they took me by surprise, god, does he really think that? I hope they let me take her, she won't feel like that again when she's with me. And with that I walked towards my lawyer because he was calling me to talk about something, he told me he had news, I hope it's good.

Amelie's pov:

She's a liar, she lied to me, she said she was going to be with me all the time, I don't blame her though, she's trying to get rid of me and I'm just making things difficult...sorry Lizzie...now I'm following these two ladies because they are going to ask me some questions, I just want to get this over with. When we entered a room they told me to sit and I sat on the other side of the table, we were facing each other.

Police: "Well, hello Amelie, my name is Police Garcia and this is the social worker who will be working on your case, Miss Smith, we will need you to tell us some things about what happened and then you can leave, Ok?" I just nod, I don't know what they want me to say specifically... "so... could you tell us what life was like and the foster home you were in and what living together was like... what was going on there?"

"umm.. yeah... sure" and I told them everything, I mean, I feel vulnerable as shit, but what else can I do? Maybe if I tell them everything they'll feel sorry for me or something and not send me back there. They took notes of everything I said and also asked me the story of how I ended up with Elizabeth at her house.