Angel

Y/n's POV:

School was pretty boring today. Nothing too special, just a tiring Monday morning. After school, I needed to get some fresh air, like always.

I walked along the streets of the South Side of town. Since it was greaser territory, no Soc could try to jump me. But for some reason, I was walking alone.

Yesterday, Dally, Buck, the Shepherd boys and I hung out and smoked cigarettes. I had a great time yesterday and I was happier than I have been in a while.

I was actually walking to Buck's so I could see Dally because I needed to talk to him about something.

My parents have decided to forbid me from going into the house for a week. They found an open beer bottle in the living room and thought that I was drinking and they kicked me out, like the dumbasses they are. Of course, I didn't really care, I just needed a place to stay for a little while.

As I lit a blunt, I walked past a convenient store. I was feeling giddy so maybe a pack of cigs wouldn't be too much to simply take.

I walked in and a guy was at the counter, reading the newspaper. What a lazy-ass bitch! The cigarettes were at the counter but who the hell cares if I take a few.

I slowly made my way up to the counter and quickly swiped three packs. He didn't even move. I walked to the door and the alarm seemed to go off. I smirked and started running, laughing as I heard the guy curse to himself.

"Y'know, stealin's a felony," a voice said from behind me. I turned around to see Steve against a building close by.

"Hey, there, Stevie," I said, starting to walk alongside him. "Where you headin'?"

"The Curtis house," he replied. "Where ya goin'?"

"Buck's." My answer made Steve chuckle a little bit. I don't know what was so funny to him — I don't think anyone knows — but it got him laughing like a lunatic.

"To see Dallas?" He asked.

"Yeah," I responded.

"Man, you're always with him," Steve said. "Ya sure there ain't somethin' goin' on between ya?"

"Steve, there ain't, we've been friends forever. What's different about us hangin' out now than back then?"

"Well, ya clearly mean a lot more to each other."

"What're you on about?"

"Didn't ya say Dally fought off a Soc for ya yesterday?"

"Yeah, but there ain't anything wrong about that."

"Y/n," Steve started. "I have never ever in my life seen him care so much about somebody. Especially a girl."

"Dally and I are best friends, Stevie," I stated. "That's different."

"And he treats everyone else in the gang like shit except for you and Johnnycakes! Does he have some sort of code he needs to follow or somethin'?" Steve asked, making me laugh.

"Oh, c'mon, man. We all know rules is not somethin' that can ever exist in Dally's brain," I said, causing him to be the one laughing now.

"That's true, even if he could do it the legal way he chooses not to," Steve said. I agreed. Every time we went to the drive-in together, Dally had enough money for tickets. However, he wanted to always keep the reputation he holds up here and chooses to crawl under the fence. Paying for tickets to see a movie isn't something that would ruin your status so I always wondered why he would never pay that quarter he could but it saves us money so I shouldn't be questioning him.