|Chapter 18| Suspicion

Professor Watts

"Hey Watts, I think Sabre fell asleep." I heard Slade say on the phone. I couldn't look back to check, I just got into this traffic jam and could finally get back to the lab.

"Good, he needs the rest. Is Rainbow asleep as well?" I asked him keeping my eyes on the road.

"Yeah, he fell asleep. Did you need something?" He gets where I am going with this conversation.

"I can't carry Sabre up, do you think you can?" The downsides of being old. You can't lift things like you used to.

"I definitely can. I'll come down once you tell me you are here." I could hear some sounds of shuffling from the phone. He was already getting ready to head out to help me.

"Thank you, once we get up there I need to grab a few things. There is something wrong with him." I remark as I finally get to my lab and drive into the parking lot.

"What else is wrong with him Watts?"

"Well, a lot. The most important thing is that fact his heart rate has dropped. It's below his average level which isn't good for him. Especially him. I'm also here Slade." I tell him and stop the car. I got out of it slowly and opened the back door to check on Sabre. I also made sure to grab my phone and turn off Facetime.

"Coming down now. You think he will be okay?" He asks. I looked over Sabre. His right arm was especially swollen and his hands were cut severely. I put a hand on his back to check his breathing to find what feels like ice burns on his back. I then checked his pulse which was still low. I checked the blood bag to see it was empty now. At least he will be good on blood.

"I believe so rather than that. I just need to keep a close eye on him." Slade suddenly hangs up and I hear footsteps behind me. I turned and saw Slade. He looks at me and then at Sabre before gently picking him up. I took off the blood bag so I could better hide it and be rid of it.

"Alright let's head in, and hope Rainbow doesn't notice." I get both of us inside without anyone else seeing us. I got him to my office and found a place to lay him down. Slade looks over his friend and holds his hand. He was asleep thankfully. I grabbed some of my equipment and checked his electric levels.

I waited for them to level out, but they never did. The levels are slowly increasing, but at the moment it is at the average level of a human's electric level... which is low for him.

"I recorded some of the scenes of when Fl-Sabre was fighting against the Reverse," I asked Slade. He nods but instead gets on his phone. It would be on YouTube at this point. I'm sure of it.

"Okay... so far looks normal..." Slade mumbles as he looks through the video. I took my time treating Sabre's wounds properly. Rainbow was fast asleep so he wouldn't be bothering us.

"Wait what was that?!" Slade exclaims before looking down at his phone and taking a look at what he saw. I went over to him to see what he was looking at. It was when Reverse rushed at Sabre and he grabbed his arm before... a pulse of electricity came out of his hands and tased Reverse to the floor unable to move as his body twitched uncontrollably.

"He has new powers?! And he didn't tell me! A heart attack and now this!" I sighed and looked back at Sabre. I have a lot of questions to ask him once he wakes up.

"He had a heart attack?!" I think Slade was feeling the same way I was.

"Apparently! I don't know why he hasn't said more to me sooner... For now, I should get these two homes. To make it look like Sabre was fine to Rainbow. Speaking of which... how will he hide this from Rainbow...