|Chapter 29| Rainbow's Birthday

Rainbow

"Do you want Pancakes or Waffles?" It was the first thing I heard waking me from my sleep. I groaned a bit my arms still firmly wrapped around my soft plush Gerald. I knew it was Dad talking to me. I slowly opened my eyes to see him kneeling next to me.

"H...huh?..." I question still half asleep.

"Do you want Waffles or Pancakes? For breakfast." He asks me again, a small smile on my dad's face.

"Waffles?" I sat up from the bed rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Waffles it is, and uh... good morning, Happy Birthday Rainbow." He rubs my head before walking out of the room. I yawned and stretched looking out the window. It was a beautiful day today. The sky was a bright blue, clouds extra fluffy and white. I smiled and hugged Gerald tightly. It's my birthday... and.

I get to celebrate with the best person in the world.

I got out of bed and looked through my closet, I wanted to find something fun to wear today. Something that... felt like me. I grabbed a pair of blue overalls and a rainbow gradient shirt. I cuffed the bottom of the overalls to fit me well. Even if it was a bit childish for being thirteen now... I don't mind, I don't feel like I am thirteen... but around my dad. It doesn't matter. I did see something people do with overalls though at school... I also put on the rainbow heart necklace. It will be my first time wearing it since I got it from foster care.

I looked through some of the pins I have collected from different events at my school. I grabbed one that was Flash-themed and put it onto one of the straps. I grabbed Gerald once I was done getting dressed. I did a quick cleanup in the bathroom before I went to the kitchen to see my dad. My hair looked a bit vibrant today. I am still surprised the dye hasn't faded in my hair. I shrugged it off as I made my way past the hallways and into the living room.

The room was fully decorated. A few balloons floating in the living room. Some paper streamers around the table. The windows wife opened letting the morning sun come into the room. I saw Dad in the kitchen carefully watching a waffle maker.

"Dad! How do I look?" I called out to him gesturing to my simple outside. He looks back at me and smiles,

"It looks great! I love the overalls." He tells me before looking back at the waffles he was making. I sat down at the table looking at the large gift Grandpa Watts told us to bring home. A part of me was tempted to look inside. I quickly shook my head.

"Slade said he will be here soon for lunch, Professor Watts will be here too." Sabre opens the waffle maker and puts a golden waffle into a plate. He cooks another one in the waffle maker. I could smell bacon and eggs too. Looking on the kitchen island I could see two plates covered by another plate. That's where the smell was coming from.

"Yay! Will they be able to stay the entire day?" I asked a bit excited.

"Sadly not. Slade has a shift a little bit after lunch, and Professor Watts has a few meetings. That's why we all thought it would be best to celebrate during lunch. In the evening it will just be you and me." Sabre explains as he cooks the last waffle and puts it on separate plates. He reached over to the fridge and grabbed some whipped cream and syrup.

"Ah... what are we going to do afterward then?" I questioned while I waited for Dad to finish making breakfast.

"It's whatever you want to do. You can choose and I'll see what I can do." He carefully decorated the waffles with first syrup and then the whipped cream. He brings the plates of waffles bacon and eggs to the table in two trips. Setting one of the plates with waffles in front of me. There were already forks on the table.