CHAPTER 26 (BOOK 2)

Y/N'S POV

No matter how much you deny it, hon, you deep down want me back in your life.

Yes, I want you back in my life more than you want to, but my insecurities aren't letting me. The insecurity of getting hurt by you again.

Then let me show you what trusting again can feel like.

I trusted you with my whole heart, but what I got in the end was betrayal. You proved it; all men do is lie.

Then please don't. My heart isn't able to handle it.

Mine isn't able to handle it too. But you need to feel what I felt back then. Sometimes, you have to hurt people purposely to know what you dealt with when you trusted them the most.

I still have that effect on you.

Yes, you do and always will have.

You are hurting me, Y/N.

I am sorry, Tae, but you deserve it.

How badly I want to say this to him. But I gathered myself.

I can't see him like this. I have hurt him. If I am doing the same thing he did, then what is the difference between me and him? We are both equal, aren't we? The difference won't be there if I keep on hurting him purposely. He did that because he didn't know about that incident, but when I know everything, then why do I keep on stabbing his and my wounds?

It's all messed up. It's so messed up that it suffocates me.

I still love him and want him back. Seeing him in pain makes my heart ache. But what about a second chance? Should I give him one or not? Who will give me the assurance that he will not hurt me again? 

I don't know what to do or what not to do.

But the day before yesterday, what he did was enough for me to realize that he genuinely cares about me. He really loves me. He is realizing what he did back then was wrong. He should have gotten things cleared up first.  He regrets it. His eyes were full of regret and guilt.

I can't brush off his expression when Ethan pecked me on my cheek, but it looked like he did it on the lips.

He looked hurt and jealous.

And when Ethan fake-kissed me, his eyes were full of pain.

I will never stoop as low as he did back then. It was all fake.

He thinks he is the only one who knows me well, but I know him too. 

The regret and guilt of hurting him are too much to handle. I really need to make a decision before things get too complicated.

And so, I decided.

I picked up my phone and called the first contact on my recents list.

“Ethan, let’s get married.”

A NIGHT BEFORE FINAL RAMP

TAEHYUNG'S POV

The end will be complicated.

Two days ago, she said this to me. She didn't even come to rehearsal, and the reason is unknown. She didn't even inform the management team. She said she would be joining directly on the final ramp. The two days were dull without her. I thought I would do something, but she didn't come. I neither have her contact nor could I go to her even though she was one floor down.

The end will be complicated.

But why does it feel like she is talking about us drifting apart? Our love story ending. The thought sends a chill down my spine. The thought of losing her terrifies me. I would rather not let her go this time. I want her back. No matter what, I will win her back.

I was sitting in my living room with Raavia on the other couch. We were discussing the final ramp, and I wondered how she would look in that showstopper dress. But the question again came to my mind: why didn't she come? Where was she for two days?

"Raavia, why isn't Y/N coming for rehearsals?" I asked her, and her expression changed from neutral to worried.

"What's wrong? Tell me," I said.

"She had a sudden emergency. She will come tomorrow," she replied while fidgeting with her fingers, a habit of hers when she wants to say something but is restraining herself.

"Is there anything else you want to say?" I asked her.

"Nothing, Mr. Kim," she hesitated.

"But I will say one thing: please don't lose hope," she said, confusing me.

"What do you mean?" I asked her, feeling anxious. Did something bad happen to her, or is it going to happen?

"I'm just saying, please don't lose hope. You've worked hard to get her back. If she isn't coming back now, the timing isn't right," she said, making me even more anxious and confused.

"You will get her when the time is right," she said.

"Just don't let the unexpected things blind you to the fact that you will get her back," she said.

"You will get her by hook or crook, and that's my promise to you. Don't get hurt." "Seeing you upset makes me upset too," she said and gave me a faint smile.

Her words melted my heart. She has been with me since the beginning of my search for her and knows every tiny detail about me. How did we meet? What was our relationship like? Our misunderstandings? Who was Kathy? What did she do? Our love-hate relationship? And all the stories up until now.

I held her hand and gently rubbed my thumb over it.

"I will never lose hope. I promise," I said and reassured her, even though I was scared deep down inside. But I had to assure her. My gut was telling me that something bad was going to happen, but for now, I needed to act as if nothing would happen.

"That's just like my Mr. Kim," she said and gave me a side hug.

Everyone deserves a friend like her in their life.

_____________________________________________

70+ votes

And the next update will be tomorrow

Do vote and comment 😊😘🎇❤️