"Slow Dancing..."

Listen To: 'Slow Dancing' By V
———————————————-
[Please, assume all conversations are in Korean]

"Good morning Dad," I let out. I can feel the redness in my face as I try and pull away from Seokjin but he holds me firm against him, his hands on my hips.

"Good Morning sweetheart," he says with a smile. He looks around the room at the 7 men crowded around me. "잘 주무셨어요? [Did you sleep well?]", he asks as he moves his eyes down the line. They each react differently, but an English 'Yes'' filling the room and each bow, respectfully at him. I'm sure he understands the importance of bowing as he bow at them as well and I can't help but feel a sense of pride in both my father, his apparent preparation for this visit, and my partners, for their reverence to my father.

"This is my father," I say as I took at each of my boyfriends, "Damian Aldana", I say to them. They start walking toward him one by one.

"Dad, these are my boyfriends," I say as Jin grabs both his hands in his and bows toward him. We move down the line as they each respectfully greet him one by one. "Kim Seokjin, Kim Namjoon, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, and Jeon Jungkook," I finish.

"It's very nice to meet all of you, I'm sorry I interrupted earlier," he says with a smile.

"Ah, it's okay," Seokjin says with a laugh.

"I'm also very sorry that I am not able to speak Korean, but Ellie has promised to teach me so that eventually I can learn and we can better communicate," he says sheepishly.

"That's okay Sir, we can each understand well and while we are not fluent fully, we can each get by so please, speak to us freely," Joon responds as his arm wraps around my waist and he pulls me close. We aren't normally super affectionate in front of families, especially theirs since the dynamic could be weird for them, but I know that since they're only meeting one parent and Western families are much more open to public affection such as holding hands and slight touches, it should be okay. Besides, I feel calmer and more comforted feeling them.

"Let's all sit down, I made breakfast," I say as I extend my hand to the other room where the dining table is. Seokjin goes to my father and places his hand on his shoulder and leads him.

"We'll help you baby," Jungkook says as he, Jimin and Taehyung follow me and Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon follow Jin.

We walk back toward the counter where I have everything set up and I start gathering things to take to the table. I grab the platter with all the fruit, turn around and see Tae standing behind me, his hands out to receive whatever I hand him. I place the platter in his hands and he leans forward and kisses me; the softest, most tender kiss ever and it makes my heart skip a beat.

"내게 네가 너무 소중해 [You are very precious to me]" he mumbles against my lips and I smile. He turns to walk into the dining room. I grab the pitchers with the water and juice and turn to hand them to Jimin. He gives me his beautiful crescent moon smile and I melt. I bring my hand up to his face, sweeping the hair from his eyes and press a small kiss onto his nose.

"Love you baby," I whisper to him. He takes the pitchers and heads to the dining room. I feel arms around me as I watch Min-ah walk away and lean into the touch, knowing it's Jungkook.

"He already loves us," he whispers into my ear and I laugh.

"How do you know that? He just walked in on me making out with you guys," I say, unable to hide the shame in my voice.

"Why do you carry such a negative mindset when it comes to affection and showing it in front of people? Why do you view it as disrespectful? I know that here, we've seen it as such our whole lives but It's not dirty or shameful; just because other people see it that way. Your dad loves you and he wants you to be happy, so show him you are" he tells me and it dawns on me how right he is; it's just another box to add to the long list of things that left me scarred from my previous relationship.