Spider-Monkey Business

Ben walks through the woods for what seems like miles until he gets to a road.

Ben: Thank god! Signs of human life.

He follows the road for a while and it leads him to a small beat up shopping center. The only businesses still operational (and that term is used loosely) in it are a mechanic shop, and across the street from it is an Autozone.

Ben: Well at least they know their demographic.

Ben notices the Mechanic shop's doors are locked and he can't really see inside, so he heads over to the Autozone to see if he can find anyone.

It seems vacant, but then Ben hears a loud *CRASH* from inside. He sneaks over quietly trying not to see in without alerting anyone.

Omnitrix: ARACHNICHIMP DNA DETECTED. GET CLOSER TO COLLECT. ARACHNICHIMP DNA DETECTED. GET CLOSER TO COLLECT.

Ben: SHH would ya?! Wait, it's a Spidermonkey?

Ben slowly made his way into the store and saw the Spidermonkey face down on the ground with spilt Dr. Pepper everywhere.

Ben: That's not just any Spidermonkey, that's MY Spidermonkey!

Ben noticed that Spidermonkey had a chunk of the Omnitrix still on his chest. But it was shattered and incomplete. Just then, Spidermonkey notices Ben and gets up.

Spidermonkey: WAHHHH OOO OOO AHHH

Ben: It's okay, it's me! Well you! Us? I'm just as confused as you are, but I just need to collect back your DNA and then-

Spidermonkey: WAAAHHHH

Spidermonkey ran out as if he was frightened by something. Ben chased after him back towards the woods and could hear a strange clicking sound behind him that he chose to ignore at the time.

Ben: Come on, man!

Ben followed him into the woods but soon lost sight of him. A few feet forward and Ben got thrust into the air and caught in a net.

Ben: Oh this really is not my day.

Omnitrix: ARACHNICHIMP DNA DETECTED. GET CLOSER TO COLLECT. ARACHNICHIMP DNA DETECTED. GET CLOSER TO COLLECT.

Ben: I know! I Get it! Please SHUT UP!

Omnitrix: ARACHNICHIMP DNA DETECTED. GET CLOSER TO COLLECT. ARACHNICHIMP DNA DETECTED. GET CLOSER TO-

Ben: Thank you!

Omnitrix: ..... NEW DNA SAMPLE DETECTED. GET CLOSER TO COLLECT. NEW DNA SAMPLE DETECTED. GET CLOSER TO COLLECT.

Ben: What?

Ben looked down and saw that Spidermonkey was caught in a similar trap in a pit in the ground. He also noticed the clicking noise again, only it had gotten much louder

Ben: Yeah this is definitely not gonna be fun.

A translucent alien figure decloaked itself as it walked towards Ben, staring him straight in the eyes. It is an apex predator, and it's here to kill.

Ben: Any chance you wanna talk it out instead of fighting?

The predator stepped closer to being and unleashed a giant claw blade from its arm.

Ben: Well I really hope this thing still works.

Ben slams down on the Omnitrix just as the predator slashes at the net with full force, but there's nothing in the net.

The predator looks around using its heat vision but sees nothing, until it turns to see Spidermonkey is being let out, but no one is there. The predator charges towards Spidermonkey but is stopped.

Ghostfreak: Boo!

Ghostfreak hops out of the shadows and punches the predator in the face, sending him a few feet back onto the ground. It quickly gets itself back up and searches for Ghostfreak, but again cannot see him.

Ghostfreak phases out of the ground behind it and grabs it by the shoulders, then phases into its body to possess it, making it hit itself over the head repeatedly until it passes out. Ghostfreak phases out of it and changes back into Ben.

Ben: That felt really weird.

Ben shudders as he walks over to Spidermonkey and taps the Omnitrix on the shattered one on Spidermonkey's chest, and he vanishes instantly back into the Omnitrix.

Ben: Well at least I have you back. Now just to find out wha-

The predator wakes up and lunges at Ben, but Ben is quick to activate the Omnitrix, sending him through the multiverse to a new location.

Ben arrives in a new universe and looks around. Suddenly he hears a noise coming from the Omnitrix.

????: ...HeLLo?..beN?....cAn yoU..HeaR mE?

Ben: What? Wait, is that?... Paradox?!