Part 22

This unrecognizable world, for us, was William's true home. Earth. A place where almost all of the same things that happened back in the DreamSMP happened as well. War, genocide, debate for presidential congress, any type of conflict, you name it. It had almost the same features as well, like rivers, lakes, roads of asphalt, buildings, towers, even cathedrals of writing.

Back in the other world, though, everything felt off for everyone, and they knew something had left, or someone. There were thoughts of wonder, or whisperings and murmurs of concern. But for William, there was no cause for concern, only the worry of how he'd find his people. His true family was far from where he was standing, and he didn't know which way to turn to find them. He started in one direction, but decided against it, and turned the other, walking along the sandy road as he toyed with something in his pocket.

The journey was especially long, but Wilbur came across a slightly familiar town, and stopped at a gas station of sorts. The customers gave Wilbur stares of curiosity or judgment, but it didn't matter to the brit. He shrugged off the staring and walked around for a bit, eventually finding himself a cold bottle of water, of which he'd take to the front, and gently place on the counter.

"I'd like to buy this, please." He muttered, the cashier staring with widened eyes.

"Alright, sir- uh, do you have cash, or credit?" The cashier stuttered, scanning the bottle.

"Ahh, shit, no.. I don't, but I have.." William's voice trailed off as he reached into his bag and pulled out whatever he could find, and handed a diamond to the man in the front, giving a slight smile.

The cashier stared down at the diamond in awe, but shook it off and looked back up at Wilbur with a bit of suspicion. "Is this a real diamond, sir?"

William nodded, and slid it closer to the man, who took it and sighed. William was given the bottle, and he walked out of the gas station, after carefully sliding a magazine into his pocket, filled with maps of where he was located. He looked at the map once he was somewhere seemingly safe, and navigated whatever he could before he dropped the magazine into a trash bin and ran off in the direction of a certain neighborhood. He walked along the streets for a bit, but saw nothing that looked even the slightest bit familiar.

He was lost.

Jesus christ, where is everything? Was I really gone for that long? He thought, gently smacking at his chest. A shorter figure walked up to Wilbur and stared up at him, squinting her eyes slightly, and he looked down at her as well, smiling a bit confusedly. (is that even a word? jeez-)

"Can I help you?" William asked, as he took the cap off of the bottle and put it up to his lips, taking a sip.

The woman smiled up at Wilbur, recognizing his voice. "Oh, no, of course not. But, I do have a question. What's your name, young man?" She asked, her slightly wrinkled skin looking soft and pale.

Wilbur couldn't help but smile back at the woman, and chuckled softly. "My name? Urm.. My name is Wilb- Well, I'm called Wilbur by my.. friends. But my real name is William, if I remember correctly."

Wilbur didn't realize at first, but the woman ran into a hug, the feeling of her arms bringing great comfort to William, and he wrapped his arms around the shorter woman, a gentle tear rolling down the woman's cheek.

"Mum..?"