Part 52

Another couple of days passed, and Wilbur had never even thought about telling anyone of his dream from before. Well, it had no answers to any of his questions, so why would he even think to? Although that was what seemed to be a problem to Phil, William was rather content about keeping it to himself, and went about this day like any other. Aside from remembering all the wars, and previous conflicts that'd happened in the past, though. Wilbur, on this day, went on a walk in the forest for some 'air', but walked along the dirt path sorting differences between what was rational, and, well, irrational, and did just that the entire walk. Instead of focusing on it, though, he stopped at a small field, with smaller beds of flowers in the middle, which laid peacefully in a greenhouse.

When did we have this? He thought, yet he couldn't help but smile at the sight of it. The flowers were beautifully sorted by color inside of the greenhouse, yet there was nobody around to have seen or heard of such a place. Wilbur could only assume it had just appeared out of thin air, which was a stupendous assumption, but it was the only thing he could think of at that moment. The brit walked into the greenhouse and sat by the beds of flowers, happily, but with no expression, gazing over each flower. Their beautiful petals giggling bashfully at Wilbur's fair skin, which was colored with the pigment of each flower that would reflect sunlight off of it.

Wilbur reached out a hand to pluck one of the flowers, a blue rose, and put it gently in the pocket of his shirt. It wasn't strange to see such a wonderful greenhouse, but to William, it was a once in a lifetime thing to even be able to see a flower as beautiful as the one he had picked. He ended up spending hours in the greenhouse, before walking back to the area where everyone had been staying these past couple of months, with the rose in his hand as he sat down on the bench. He stared down at its beautiful, royal blue petals, in awe, twirling the rose in his hands. Its stem was completely flawless, with no thorns that stuck out, and nor did it have any scars as though it would've had thorns. Its beauty caught another's eye, and Schlatt came walking over slowly.

"Hey, where'd you get that?" Schlatt muttered, pointing at the flower with a gentle finger. I don't believe I've mentioned it, but Schlatt's fingers are colored with a soot-like color at the tips, which fade slowly as it hits the palms. "I've never seen a rose that color before, it looks fuckin' ugly."

William looked up at the ram and chuckled softly, shaking his head. "I grabbed it from the greenhouse on the other side of the forest, decided to keep a bit of life with me while it lasts."

"The fuck you mean by 'while it lasts'? You're not dying, are you?" The ram scoffed, growing internally worried that Wilbur would do something to waste his life.

"No, not any time soon. This world just had so many things that I wanted to bring back with me, but I couldn't think of anything else that wasn't people." Wilbur chuckled again, doing rather well with hiding the fact that he wasn't going with them. Phil already knew by now, but everyone else had no clue.

"Okay, fucking good. Don't you fucking dare die on me, Wilbur." Johnathan said, in a jokingly angered tone. He sat next to the brit and stared at the rose, seeing its shiny blue petals, and how they reflected every little bit of light they could onto William.

It was quite the peaceful day, but it was unfortunate how these days wouldn't last.

Only a month and a half, or so. I'll miss this moment most out of all.

Well, not out of all of them.