Chapter 9

Reese's pov
i got home with emma. everything feels so wrong. my body is in a huge amount of pain. i'm just glad that emma is here. i haven't spoken since we got home because there really isn't much to say.

"reese are you ok? do you want to lay down?" asked emma bending down to be eye level with me.
   i slightly look up to see her red eyes staring at my green ones. i nod slowly. she pushes the wheelchair into my room and helps me onto the bed. i lay down and get as comfortable as i possibly could. emma puts a blanket over me.

"i'll be in the living room if you need anything ok?" she says.

"no please stay with me. dont leave me" i plead quietly. she sighs with a little smile. she climbs into my bed. as soon as she lays down, i pull her closer and snake my arms around her waist. she freezes and then loosens up. i take a moment to realize how beautiful she actually is. her pale skin suits her perfectly and how her lips are slightly pursed and curved at the corners. shes just naturally stunning.

"emma can i ask you something?" i whisper
her eyes flutter open and she nods.
"why did you say you were my girlfriend when you met my parents? you didn't have to do that. i mean we just met. i don't want to rush you into anything. i don't want you to feel pressured into doing this until you want to." i say. she shakes her head.

"reese you know what i am. you know what i can do. i saw this. i knew this was gonna happen. i just cant tell anybody about it cause it can expose me. im happy i saw this. im happy we happened."emma said snuggling into me more.

"well we aren't official unless i formally ask you out and take you on more dates." i say smiling genuinely. emma nods and smiles. i kiss the top of her head and we both drift asleep.
•••

i wake up to emma moving around in my arms. i look at the time to see that its only 9:30 pm.

"emma?" i whisper. i try to sit up but a really sharp pain shoots up from my legs into my back. she rushes over to me and helps me. she smiles lightly.

"hey. i have some people i want you to meet so ill be right back. do you want anything to eat?" she asks. i grin slightly.

"can i have a venti dark roast with one sugar?" i say just like i did when i first met her. a smile is plastered on her face.

"sure whats your name?" she says giggling. we both laugh together. she plants a kiss on my forehead and walks out. emma is such and amazing person. im so happy i met her. she makes me feel alive. i think im in love with her.

emma's point of view•

i get into my car that i had left here earlier. i start crying. reese is in so much pain and i can feel it too. i saw his past. i saw how sad he was and how lonely he was. im so happy i met him because he wouldn't have anyone. im picking up my friends Nathan, Syren, Jace and Tate right now so they can meet him. i want reese to have more friends and these are just like him. first, i stop at the starbucks that i work at to get reese his drink. i walk into the store and immediately my annoying co-worker Jenn is there to greet me. great.

"hey emma! how are you? i haven't seen you in a while." she said in a high pitched voice which annoys the crap out of me.

"hey Jenn. can i just get a venti dark roast with one sugar and a venti passion tea lemonade sweetened?" i say passing her my employee card. she nods and walks over to make the drinks. i take this time to look at whats going to happen. i see marina and brody going to his house with another person who is younger but similar to reese. his parents start talking to reese about the boy. its his... brother? he's 15 years old and looks a lot like his father. i can't tell reese. he needs to find out by himself. im flashed out of my thoughts as jenn passes me the drinks.

"ill see you soon emma!" she said pretty loud. i cringe at her voice and walk out to my car. im still in shock. the fact that reese has a brother makes things ten times better. he will finally have somebody that brings him happiness and keeps him company. i pull up to Tate's apartment that they all share. i honk the horn and they all rush out. oh and they are all vampires.
"hey guys. we're going to my boyfriend's house. he is supernatural so we don't have to worry about him exposing us." i say.

"tell us about him. how you guys met. we or at least i want details" said syren. aka my bestfriend since we were 5. i explained how we met and that i saw all of these things. we pull up to reese's house. i open the door and let everyone inside.

   "let me go get reese. he cant exactly walk at the moment. ill be back." i say. i walk into the room to find reese asleep. i lean down.

  "reese wake up. i got your drink." i whisper. his eyes flutter open and he smiles tiredly. i help him up into his wheelchair and roll him out into the living room. i pass him his drink and he motions me to lean down. i lean down and he plants a soft kiss on my cheek.

"reese these are my friends,nathan,syren,jace and tate. guys this is reese." i introduce them. they all say hello.

"so reese,i heard your sorta like us. a little different." said syren breaking the silence.

"yes i am. i might not be a vampire but i am similar." he responded with a smile. they all nod their heads in approval. i smile to myself knowing that i made the right choice.

"do you guys want anything to eat? i wouldn't mind cooking." i ask.

"let's just order pizza. ill pay for it. since we have g-guest and its m-my house I insist on it. my treat." stated reese firmly with a light smile. we all agreed and reese called to order the pizza. we all sat around and talked for a while. i was reading each of them and they really like each other. which is a huge relief. now i won't have all these worries constantly in my mind. now i know that reese has friends and now a brother.
•••
after the guests left and I started to clean up, i realized reese wasn't acting like himself.

    "reese,are you okay?" i say slowly walking over to him. he looks up at me and his lime green eyes and now pooling in tears. i bend down and grab his hands.

     "reese whats wrong? talk to me please." i beg.

     "im going to be alone. like i was before but worse. my mother that i haven't seen in 9 years. my lovely mother is leaving me forever. my father is going to have to go back home to Arizona. you will have to go back to your family. im going to be all alone and miserable just like i have been for the past 9 years. being lonely is inevitable for me." he starts crying. for the first time i dont do anything. i just stand there. i dont want to tell him about his brother. I can't. I won't. so for now i just comfort him at the best of my ability until tomorrow when the news is given to him.

~~~~~~~
hey guys! i don't usually do authors notes cause im awkward af. but what do you guys think is gonna happen?
-Mel💞