Chapter 6

I was woken up by Emma moving around in my arms. She was still sleeping so I set her down on the couch with the blanket still over her petite body. I walk to the kitchen and start to make breakfast. Last night was amazing. Our conversations opened me up to different things. Emma is an amazing person inside and out.

I grab eggs, cinnamon, toast, butter, and pancake mix. I cook all the breakfast and walk over to Emma. I lean down so Im near her ear. I shake her a little.

"Emma. Wake up, breakfast is ready." I whisper softly.

"Carry me" she murmurs. I pick her up and she wraps her legs around my waist. This feels so normal and so right but i know its too soon and i dont want to do anything if she isnt ready for it. I set her down on one of the island stools. She yawns and rubs her eyes.

"Hungry?" I say as I hand her a plate of pancakes,eggs with cheese and french toast. Emma's eyes widened which caused me to laugh.

"So did you have fun last night?" I ask putting a fork full of pancakes in my mouth.

"It was absolutely amazing Reese. Thank you so much!" She got up from her seat and gave me a hug burring her face in my chest. We stayed in this position for a good amount of time.

"What do you want to do on this lovely Friday?" I ask her.

"Well,I have to go home and shower. Wanna hang out after?" she asks.

"Of course" I say with a smile. I give her a hug and show her to the door. Time for me to get ready.

I walk to my bathroom and jump in the shower. Crap. Today was the day I have to meet up with my parents. God dammit. I quickly take a shower and wrap a towel around my waist. I grab my phone and dial Emma's number.

"Reese? What happened?"

"Uh. My parents are coming into town for the first time in 9 years. I don't know if you want to come with me to meet them instead of hanging out or reschedule? Its all up to you" I say nervously.

"No! Ill go meet them with you. Ill be over in half an hour! See you!" Said Emma quickly and hung up. Well that was easy. I waltz into my closet and pull out some nice clothes. I want to show them that I was fine without them all these years. Although I did miss them. I was wearing maroon skinny jeans,a white dress shirt,a blue white and maroon plaid bow tie and plain black dress shoes. For my hair I decided to quiff it. My eyes have become a brighter green. Almost electric. The doorbell rings and I go and pick it up. Its Emma. She looks gorgeous. She's wearing a navy blue skater dress with white flats , and a necklace that has her initials on it. Her  hair was up in a smooth bun. Emma looked stunning.

"Reese?" She said snapping me back into reality.

"Oh sorry. You look amazing. Like woah." I say shyly,looking down at my shoes. Emma comes over to me and pecks my cheek as a thank you. I start to blush uncontrollably.

"Ready?" I ask grabbing her hand. She looks at our hands and blushes.

"Ready."