Chapter 5

The car ride was fun. We sang along to some rock songs that played on shuffle on my phone. I pull my car up to my house and shut it off. We walk to the door and I unlock it.

"Welcome to the Birmingham house. Again" I lightly chuckle. Emma flashes a beautiful smile that brightens up the whole room. She shows herself to the couch and I follow.

"Thank you for everything tonight. It was amazing Reese." Emma says sliding over to me and embracing me in a hug. I nod and smile.

"Do you want to change into something more comfortable?" I ask putting my hand on her knee. Emma doesn't flinch which shows me she trust me.

"Please? "She responds.I nod and walk to my closet. I grab her a pair of my black sweatpants and a white tank. I walk out to find her with her hair up in a messy bun. I swallow the lump in my throat. Im just noticing how beautiful she is. I guide her to the bathroom. I was kind of uncomfortable so i decided to change,too. I basically got the same thing but the pants were grey and I didn't have a shirt on. I walk out to the kitchen and sit down next to her. I found myself staring at her. Emma's pale skin shining even though the lights were dim. I decided to start a conversation considering I was gawking at her face like an idiot.

"So Emma, Tell me about yourself."

She starts with her family. Emma has an older brother who is 25 named Tanner, a younger sister who is 13 named Mahogany and a even younger brother named Nate who is 6. She told me she helps Mahogany control her new powers which are levitation and mind shields. Mahogany is basically like me, quiet and mysterious. Emma said that Tanner did the same thing with her. He helped her through. Now Emma wants Mahogany to help Nate when he develops his powers which should be in 3 years or so. Her mother Leila is blind but her senses are incredibly strong which helps them incase of any incidents. Her father Kit is a normal human but he is a supernatural doctor. Emma herself is a vampire but not entirely because of her father. She has telepathy,levitation and electric shock.

"Wow. Your life is spectacular. So are you." I say with a smile. She looks at me with her beautiful red eyes sparkling in the dim light. From there on we watched movies, joked around and cuddled with blankets on my couch. We both fell asleep. Lying there in each others arms,warm and safe.