Chapter Two - Powerful Ally

On the other side, the jackals tried to assault elephants viciously, but were all stopped by the Lion guards. Bunga jumped onto Goi Goi's back and rolled him down from a slope. Fuli shoved Rei Rei away from the elephants. Beshte used his huge bulk to hit all the other jackals. When the battle was finished, the jackals lingered for a while before fleeing. Ma Tembo could not thank the lion guards enough.

Ma Tembo: You saved us again! I cannot imagine what we'd do without the lion guards!

Bunga (said proudly): Anytime, Ma Tembo!

Ma Tembo: There're just four of you? Where's Kion?

Fuli: Oh, no, he's out there alone fighting with the hyenas! We must go help him!

Ono flew highly and tried to detect Kion's location. What he discovered horrified him.

Ono: Hapana! Kion was captured by the hyenas!

Fuli instantly made a mighty leap and charged towards the direction Ono was pointing to. Bunga and Beshte followed her closely.

There was a fair distance between the elephant's herd and the zebra's herd. Even Fuli was the fastest, she was unable to make it in a short time. She did not know that Janja's claw was already on Kion's neck, and the lion cub was only inch away from death...

Suddenly, a dark figure appeared behind the three hyenas. It struck at Nme firstly, causing him to shriek and let go of Kion's back. Before the other hyenas realized what was going on, it attacked another hyena. Kion's legs and body were free. He gathered all his strength and broke away from Janja's grip.

Janja (is enraged and stunned): WHAT THE? Who was that? Who dares to...

When he saw that the dark figure was Jasiri, his heart skipped a beat.

Janja (shouts in surprise): JASIRI? WHAT? YOU? WHY?!

Jasiri: Janja, I can't let you and your boys destroy the circle of life!

Janja's mind turned blank. From the bottom of his heart, he liked Jasiri, a great deal. But his hatred towards the Lion Guards and his (sort of) loyalty towards Scar's orders did not allow him to think otherwise.

Janja (shouts): Jasiri, how could you do this to me, us? I...I won't let you get away with this!

Unaware to him, Janja made a great mistake by turning all his attentions to Jasiri, for Kion had gathered his strength and was ready for a roar.

Kion (calls at Jasiri): Quickly, Jasiri, go take a cover!

Jasiri was really fast. Before Janja and the hyenas figured out what to do, Kion let out a mighty roar - Roooooooooar!

The roar threw all of them several meters away. All hyenas shrieked in pain.

Janja (shouts): Aaaaahhhh! Kion, I will come back! (flees with the other hyenas)