Chapter 24

The weather in Indianapolis was absolutely gorgeous, Jocelyn was so happy she made the trip with Ty. Her wrist was still in the splint, which she absolutely hated. Jocelyn should be thankful her fall wasn't as significant as it could have been and it finally gave her a reason to skip working out for a couple weeks. She still, however, took walks with both Morgan and Taylor. With Bennett tagging along every so often. That particular Saturday morning, Jocelyn found herself on a walk alone. She was okay with it though as Jocelyn got up earlier than usual to take her walk. Jocelyn stepped out of the coach, just as the sun started to peak up over the track. This was honestly Jocelyn's favorite time of the day. Jocelyn walked through the coach lot, liking the silence that came with it. She made it to the end of the lot before turning back. As she got closer to Ty's coach, Jocelyn started to see people start to emerge from their temporary houses. She greeted both Ryan Blaney and Justin Allgaier before she reached her destination. The coach was still quiet when she stepped in, telling Jocelyn that Ty was at least still in bed. Jocelyn quietly took her shoes and socks off in the living room before walking to the back. Ty still looked dead to the world, sleeping on his stomach, when she walked in the bedroom. Jocelyn stripped off her shorts before crawling back into the bed she left an hour prior. Ty finally stirred, turning over to pull her closer.
"You awake?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper.
"Hmm." That was all he could muster.
"You can't lay in bed all day." Ty groaned, burying his head into the crook of her neck. "You have Xfinity practice at 9:30."
"What time is it?" He asked, his face still buried into her skin.
"About 6:30."
"I have plenty of time."
"For what?" Jocelyn soon found herself on her back, tucked under Ty.
"You." Ty slowly kissed her as their bodies wrapped around each other. No matter how many times they did this, Jocelyn chased that high only Ty has give her. She also couldn't get there until her name comes out of his mouth like the prayer he treated it as.
"You should really have some breakfast before practice." Jocelyn said as Ty kept his arms wrapped around her.
"Ugh. That means I have to get out of bed."
"You do." Jocelyn unwrapped Ty from her body before getting out of bed. She redressed herself. "You taking a shower before?"
"Probably after Cup qualifying and then after the Xfinity race."
"Get dressed and I'm going to make some breakfast." Jocelyn left the bedroom before Ty could argue. Ty emerged less than 10 minutes later in a pair of basketball shorts and a JGR t-shirt. He went to grab a Monster Energy out of the fridge, but Jocelyn stopped him. "Water this morning, mister."
"You sound like my mom." Ty said with a laugh, grabbing one of the bottles of water from the fridge.
"I may use that line against you." Jocelyn said with a smirk. Ty sat down at the table before Jocelyn sat a plate in front of him. "Nothing too heavy. Plenty of protein."
"Thanks." They ate breakfast in silence before Ty took their empty plates to the small sink. Much to Jocelyn's surprise, Ty washed all the dirty dishes and wiped down the small stove.
"You didn't have to do that."
"You cooked. I can clean up."
"If you didn't have somewhere to be soon, I'd take you back to the bedroom and have my way with you."
"If I didn't have somewhere to be soon, I'd let you." Ty turned to face her, pulling her to him. "Come watch me practice?"
"I actually have a therapy session this morning. Bubba texted me last night to see if I could come talk with him before Cup practice. Then, I'm hanging with Morgan and Taylor."
"Stand by me before the race? No Monster Energy girls this time."
"Only because you asked nicely." Ty gave her a kiss. "You need to get out of here."
"In a minute." Ty rested his hands on her hips as he continued to kiss her. The kiss left them both breathless and wanting more, but Ty had to go. Ty grabbed his water off the table and headed outside where John Hunter and Sammy were waiting for him.
"I swear we're always waiting on you."
"Had to eat something."
"What is going on between you two?" John Hunter asked. The trio hopped on the golf cart and headed towards the garage.
"Me and who?"
"You never post about Grace and yet Jocelyn is here, staying with you. Grace is totally okay with this?"
"Why are you so into my private life?"
"Because it makes absolutely zero sense." Sammy chimed in. "What is going on between you and Grace? And what is going on between you and Jocelyn?"
"It's really none of your business. Don't hurt your brains trying figure things out."
***
Ty found her hanging out with his Xfinity crew. Jocelyn had changed out of the tank top and stretchy shorts she had on earlier. Taking its place was a yellow floral wrap dress that ended mid-thigh. The Jordan's from Denny were on her feet as well. Jocelyn's hair was in twin braids hanging on her shoulders and a pair of rather large sunglasses sat on her face.
"Those are huge sunglasses." Ty said, making Jocelyn jump. He laughed when Jocelyn smacked his arm.
"You can't sneak up on me like that."
"How you didn't hear me, I don't know." Jocelyn pulled an ear bud out of her ear. "What are you listening to?" Ty asked, taking it from her.
"It's a new song by Tyler Childers. It's only been out a couple weeks, but I think I've listened to it almost every day since." The song ended and more of an upbeat song started to play. "You want to give it back?"
"Nah. I can listen before I get into the car." They moved over to the car as Taylor Swift's voice filled their ear. "What is this?"
"Getaway Car. You need to brush up on your Taylor Swift."
"I know plenty of Taylor Swift. Elle blackmailed me for a Taylor Swift album, remember?" Jocelyn laughed. "She still hasn't said anything." They listened to the music during the invocation and anthem. They turned to each other. "You can have this back." Ty handed her the earbud.
"Good luck."
"Thanks." Ty took his hat off and put it on her head. "Hold onto this for me."
"I'll guard it with my life."
"It honestly looks good on you."
"Everything looks good on me. Get your cute butt in the car." Jocelyn said before turning away towards the pit box. Ty just shook his head before climbing into the car. He fired it up when they got the command. He had a good feeling about the car, starting on the front row with Allmendinger. AJ led the first two laps before Ty managed to pass him for the lead. Ty held the lead until they red flag the race for lightning.
"I really hate lightning delays." Ty said as they all huddled in the garage to wait out the lightning. Jocelyn handed over his hat and an ear bud. They stood in there for almost 45 minutes, listening to Jocelyn's Spotify playlist. They listened to everything from Tennessee Orange by Megan Maroney to Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds. By the time they lift the red flag, Ty was ready to get back out there. They all put road tires on and the first restart after the red flag had Ty back into the lead on lap 13. Through series of pit stops and stages, Ty didn't get the lead back until lap 47 and never gave it back. Ty cruised to a victory 8 seconds ahead of Sam Mayer.
"Great job, driver!"
"Thank you, God!" Ty made sure he didn't do his burnout on the bricks. He did his interview, thanking his team for a great racecar. Ty caught Jocelyn out the corner of his eye talking with grandpa, his hat still firmly on her head. He smiled at the thought of her keeping it instead of giving it to his PR rep. When it was finally time to kiss the bricks, Jocelyn hung back. "Come on!" Ty hollered.
"I'm good! You guys earned it."
"Come on, Jocelyn!" The entire team hollered.
"Guys, I don't need to." Ty came up to her. "Ty..."
"You are a part of the JGR team."
"Ty..." Ty took her hand in his before leading her over to the team.  He took the hat off her head before turning it backwards. The team scooted over to make room for them.
"Three, two, one!" Everyone leaned down, pressing their lips to the bricks. Victory celebration went on for a while longer, Ty and Joe taking pictures with the trophy. Jocelyn hung around, taking photos for Ty to post on Instagram. When they were finally done, Ty walked over to Jocelyn with trophy in hand.
"Congrats, winner."
"Thanks. I'd kiss you right now, but..." Jocelyn just smiled.
"Do you want your hat back?" Jocelyn asked as she started to take it off.
"Keep it. Looks better on you, anyway." Jocelyn fitted it back onto her head.
"So, Mr. Winner. What do you want to do now?" Ty stood there with a 'thinking' look on his face.
"Maybe a private celebration."
"That can probably be arranged."