Lorecraft:

I don't want to go too far into any of the lores described, however, I do want to give a brief understanding as to what the world and flavor of each TCG is. Be that as it may, I decided to write Hearthstone©'s lore up through the first comic as I like the idea of using comics to further branding (I am a fan of the Sketcher comics and the old MTG comics, as well as just comic books in general). The first comic for Hearthstone© was for the Knights of the Frozen Throne set, which also had 2 cinematic trailers as opposed to the singular trailer that each previous set received. Also, Hearthstone© does have a story mode where you can play through the various stories, which is another fun way of interacting with them.

The first 9 sets that do not have comics all have cinematic trailers and might I say that they are all very entertaining. If any one of them were a movie trailer I would definitely see the movie, and I am skeptical about most movies anymore, so definitely give them a look if you care to. The main story does not get explained in any of these, instead being explained in a different property (owned by the same company) World of Warcraft.

The basic lore, without getting into character specifics, is that in the beginning there were titans, one of them, Sargeras, slayed a world soul because the world had become corrupt. The other titans did not approve of this (being pro-life, even if it is corrupt) and waged a war on Sargeras, who raised a demon army to defend himself. During this time some titans found the world soul Azeroth (the main map) and thought they could cure its corruption by locking away the old gods (as destroying them would also destroy the world). These titans then tried to convince Sargeras that another method of saving the worlds existed, but by this time he had been turned evil by the demons. Sargeras would win the Titan War. Magic use on Azeroth led Sargeras to find it and he then convinced a spider queen to open a portal on the world, which was imploded by two elf brothers. Orcs then come to Azeroth in a long episode about them being in a dying world and open a portal to Azeroth. Next, one of Sargeras's generals (who was destroying the orc homeworld) made a creature known as the lich king, who then caused mischief in Azeroth for a while. The lich king then merges with a death knight but is then defeated by a human, who then becomes the new lich king. The orc king then tries to commit war crimes and starts losing pretty badly, when this happens he opens a portal to a different timeline and jumps back to the orc home planet (now destroyed in the main timeline) and he wages war from there. Sargeras attempts to destroy Azeroth and is imprisoned by the Titans, as a result, a new highly valuable material is spawned causing the orcs and others to resume war. The most current arc depicts religion in the universe, and, more or less, a clan leader makes it so that everyone goes to Hades as opposed to the natural system of irredeemable people going to Hades and everyone else goes to one of 4 kinds of heaven, depending on how you lived.

Now for the 3 comics from the Knights of Frozen Throne, as most of the earlier trailers were one-off stories: The first comic (Undeath Love Conquers All) introduces to us a group of adventurers seeking the power of the frozen throne. They enter a tavern and pay the entertainer to tell them a story they've never heard about the throne. The entertainer tries to warn them multiple times that they should abandon their quest, but they don't listen. Comic 2 (Forest for the Weary) opens in the same tavern with new adventurers (also a cameo from the fortune teller) and tells of the fall of a vampire orc named Rexxar, he tries to tell these adventurers to also stay away from the throne, but they accuse him of trying to keep the loot and powers for himself. The final comic (Freedom) The third comic, following the theme, has the same entertainer from the previous two telling a story to more random adventurers, this time after a story of a blood elf killing the one person she loves to obtain freedom, the entertainer steps outside and mumbles to himself about how they are all falling for his stories about things that no longer exist. It all ends with a strange man asking if the entertainer would like to hear the real story.

Of the recurring stories, 2 things seem to be needed to understand any of the rest of the story, 1. There exists a group of 4 people known as the League of Adventurers, and they're the good guys. 2. There exists a lich king, and he's evil. Also, I find it funny that while doing research for this I found an actual World of Warcraft TCG, that uses the same lore.