PROLOGUE

Marlowe walked around the garage of her parents house, beginning to set up everything that was needed for band practice

Marlowe walked around the garage of her parents house, beginning to set up everything that was needed for band practice. Harry's drum set stayed there permanently - something he requested due to the fact his mom wasn't super ecstatic about the noise that came with it. He was fearful that she would get drunk and destroy it if she got too irritated about it. When Harry hesitantly asked Marlowe two years ago if he could keep it here, she said 'yes' before he even finished asking his question entirely.

Harry and his mom had moved to LA when he was fourteen, and Marlowe was thirteen. It was the start of a new school year, and Marlowe built up the courage to finally compliment the My Chemical Romance sticker on Harry's binder. After that, they hit it off almost immediately. The two of them connected over music mostly, making each other mix CDs and exchanging them at their lockers in between classes. Once technology advanced a bit, they took the time to exchange playlists instead, and they were both grateful they had someone in their life that appreciated artists and bands as much as the other did.

As interesting as Marlowe found it that Harry and his mom just up and moved from Holmes Chapel, she didn't pry. It wasn't until after they had known each other for almost a year that Harry revealed his mom was catfished by this guy online, and now they were stuck in LA with no other way home. She learned that Harry didn't know who his father was, and he didn't care to. He also told her that his mom sometimes drank a lot, probably more than she should from what he said, but things were okay when she was sober.

Marlowe couldn't relate completely, her parents were there, but they weren't entirely present.

Once he had opened up to her, Marlowe and Harry were practically inseparable. It wasn't that much later in their friendship that they discovered they both had the potential to actually make music. Marlowe picked up the guitar easily, whereas Harry was drawn to the drums.

The first time they sang in front of each other was a bit comical. Both in Marlowe's bedroom - opposite corners of the room while staring at the wall. "If It Means A Lot to You" by A Day to Remember bounced off the walls, and Marlowe had to brace herself against the plaster when she heard Harry's voice. The cadence he carried throughout his vocals had her knees buckling.

Little did Marlowe know that as soon as she opened her mouth to sing, goosebumps covered Harry's skin. They had each heard each other humming carelessly before, Harry himself would whistle quite often as well, but never had they heard the other sing.

Once the song played out, they slowly turned to face each other. Their eyes met, and they both started to laugh. They had no idea that the other felt something in Marlowe's bedroom that day, but they were young. They avoided it out of fear of destroying the friendship they currently had as they didn't know if the other felt the same way.

Marlowe plugged her guitar into the amp, placing it on the stand before setting up the amps that both Kailey, their bassist would need, as well as Mikey, their lead guitarist. Harry and Marlowe were grateful that they ended up connecting with the two of them their senior year of highschool, as they loved music just as much as they did.