benign

A/n: im so tired... I've been experiencing writer's block and it took me multiple days to finish this chapter 😔

Chan, Seungmin, and Jeongin sat in the latter's house. Jeongin had poured himself a glass of wine, Chan had water and so did Seungmin, although he was unhappy about it. They sipped their drinks as they conversed. Jeongin sat back and listened intently. He could listen to the two for hours.

Over the past few months, they've all grown closer. Jeongin regularly stayed at Chan and Seungmin's place when things got too heavy with his father. He felt peaceful around them, he loved peace.

Seungmin wasn't too fond of Jeongin at first, but he'd grown to enjoy his company from time to time. He especially liked the boy's smile, which he didn't show often. Seungmin felt comfortable around the younger male, like how he is with Chan.

Chan was content. The two boys' company was nice, and they didn't argue most of the time. His life over the past few months has been great. The best it's been since he was a child. He sat in between the two and smiled. He was finally happy.

"You're very quiet." Jeongin set his glass down.

"I'm just listening to you..." Chan hummed.

Seungmin looked at his hyung and smiled. "What are you thinking about?"

"Hannah." Chan replied.

He had been talking to her every day for about four months. Even though she lived far away and he'd have to stay up to call her, he always did it. He felt the need to, she was his little sister after all. He had also been talking to Lucas but he was in school, super busy.

He also enjoyed talking to her because she didn't speak Korean. He doesn't get to speak English a lot, so talking to her helps him practice a bit. They FaceTimed one day while Chan was cooking food.

flashback

"Yeah, I was talking to my mum the other day." Hannah said, sitting at her desk. She was typing on her computer and looking up at the screen. "She was upset at me cause I told her I was going to Korea."

Chan's movements faltered a bit. He couldn't fathom seeing her. He wanted to meet her, of course, but he wasn't ready. He didn't feel secure.
Financially, he definitely wasn't. Emotionally, he didn't know. It was too much.

"Here? You're coming here? Why?" Chan questioned. Please God, tell him she's lying.

"Well, my boyfriend is going to see his family, and I'm like 'I have family in Korea too'! So, I'm coming there! How fun!" Hannah exclaimed.

Not fun at all.

Chan plastered a fake smile on his face. "That's great...When are you coming?"

Hannah's smile grew wider. "Tomorrow!"

🍃

"So she's coming? Here? Tomorrow night?" Seungmin said.

Chan swallowed the rest of his water and nodded. He hadn't said anything about it yet because he didn't want to accept it. The two had talked for hours over the phone, but seeing her in real life was too much. He couldn't.

Seungmin could tell that Chan was anxious about meeting his sister. He'd never say it, but Seungmin has known him for years, he knows. His leg kept shaking, the grip on his cup was astronomical, he wasn't talking much. Yep, he was terrified. Seungmin's hand reached over to grab Chan's and he held it gently.

"Don't overthink yourself into a panic, calm down." Seungmin said.

Chan nodded and looked into his empty glass. He was panicking, he hadn't seen her in decades. He couldn't not panic. What if she saw him and realized he's not the person she thought he was? What if he says something stupid and then she hates him forever?

What if-

"Chan? Are you alright" Jeongin asked.

Chan turned to Jeongin and nodded.. "I think... I think I'm gonna go to bed."

"Alright, you can stay in the guest bedroom if you'd like." Jeongin said.

Chan just nodded and walked into the hallway.

The two boys looked at each other, they were worried. Chan was obviously anxious about meeting his sister and they couldn't blame him. They didn't know what to do, they've never been in such a situation. They decided to be moral support for him, it was the least they could do.

🍃

Chan sighed changed his shirt again. And again. And again. He thought every shirt he had looked off which was annoying considering he had somewhere to go. Seungmin stood in his hyung's doorway, unimpressed.

"You do realize they're all the same exact shirt, right?" Seungmin rolled his eyes. Chan only wore black tshirts, and he doesn't know what to wear? Ridiculous.

"That's not the point, Seung." Chan sighed as he put his last black shirt on. He decided to keep that one. "I need to look perfect."

Seungmin chuckled. "The last time I saw you self conscious about your looks was when you were with Kim Heejae."

"One, that was five years ago. Two, this is important." Chan said, combing his hair.

"Okay." Seungmin sighed, throwing his hands up in the air dramatically.

Chan put his shoes on and rushes out the door and to the bus stop.
🍃

He couldn't stop staring at her. It brought warmth and joy every time he looked at her. He loved it.

She gave a nervous laugh and smiled. "Is there something or my face?"

He then realized that he was staring at her. "Oh, sorry. It's just... You look like her."

Hannah look confused. "Her?"

Chan smiled. "Our mom."

tbc~
ooh it's coming
we're reaching about halfway through the book although I do want to add a few more chapters, I just feel like twenty chapters isn't enough, yk?

anyways, I overwrote for this chapter and ended up cutting over sixty percent of it out which is the most I've written in a while