romantic panic

Super short today but it's alr

Jeongin rang his parents' doorbell for what felt like the thousandth time. It was six, so his father shouldn't have been home, but he was. His father opened the door and rolled his eyes.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm here for mom." Jeongin said. He didn't want to talk, he wanted his mom.

"Ugh... She's upstairs." His dad let him in and went back to whatever he was doing.

After the talk yesterday, Jeongin was determined to get his mother away from his father. He stepped up the long stairway, he had so many memories in this house. Good and bad. Jeongin knocked on his parents' door and opened it. He saw his mother at her vanity getting ready for the day.

She didn't see him at first, but when she did her whole face beamed.

"Oh, hi my sweet boy.." She smiled warmly at him.

"Hello, mom.. I need to talk to you.."

"About what, love?" She asked.

"Yesterday.."

She stopped smiling. She didn't want to leave, not yet. She knew her sons cared about her, but she had to fix it on her own.

"Sweet boy. No." She said firmly.

"But-"

"No buts," she said while standing up and slowly pushing him out of the room. "You a just a boy, it is not your responsibility to take care of me. I will be okay, it will be over soon." She pushed him through the doorway and slammed the door.

Jeongin was confused, but he just left. He didn't know what she meant by 'it will be over soon', but he hoped she was divorcing his father. He was getting tired of hoping.

🍃

Chan and Seungmin held hands as they walked down the street to the art studio. Chan opened the door, using his other hand so he wouldn't let go of Seungmin. Hyunjim and Felix were just out front painting together. Hyunjin looked up from the canvas.

"Hey lovebirds, how's your Saturday going?" Hyunjin asked. Chan gave him a slightly confused look, and he gave one back. "What?"

"What do you mean by 'lovebirds'? We're not dating." Seungmin scoffed.

"You two aren't together? Right, I totally believe that." Felix said.

"We're not." Chan said calmly.

"Chris, you two hold hands, you let him sit in your lap, those are some very couple-ish things." Felix rolled his eyes.

Chan rolled his eyes. "You're delusional, we're just friends."

"Right. Because people who are 'just friends' hold hands and cuddle." Felix snorted.

"Love, don't even try. I told Chan this a few weeks ago and he said I was crazy." Hyunjin chuckled as he drank his water.

"Because you are. And so are you." Chan said to the both of them.

"Dude, it's not even the cuddling and holding hands. You guys only talk to each other, you don't acknowledge anyone in the room before you acknowledge Seungmin. You actively treat each other better than other people." Felix says.

Felix was right. They had favoritism towards each other and it was obvious. Chan never noticed his behavior, although he'd equate it to his dislike for most people. He never

Although, Seungmin knew he treated Chan better than everyone else, he didn't care. It was a conscious decision for him, he believed that other people didn't deserve his kindness the way Chan did. Chan was pure, he had a kind heart. Everyone else was toxic and wanted him for their own pleasures. Chan just loved him for him.

"I'm not saying you guys are dating, but it's pretty couplish to all those things. But whatever." Felix said.

The topic quick changed from one to another, but Chan couldn't get it out of his mind. Does he have feelings for Seungmin? Of course not... But what if? He looked back at the time the two have shared with each other. In hindsight, there definitely has been some questionable moments between the two. Chan never really realized, or maybe he didn't want to.

Chan and Seungmin ate lunch with the couple before the older started working. He was mostly distracted with his tasks, but ever so often he'd find himself asking himself the same question:

Am I in love with Seungmin?

tbc~

yes.