𝐓𝐨 𝐲𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 part 1

A/N:
T/N = Traveler name
But the narrator part will refer to the traveller as Aether.

-
Part 1 started
-

One day, Aether and Paimon arrive at the Adventurers' Guild to check out the commissions there...

◆ Go to the Court of Fontaine's Adventurers' Guild

Paimon: Hey, Katheryne, it's us! Got any new commissions? Specifically, one with a huge Mora tag, perhaps...?

Aether: You didn't have to be so direct...

Paimon: Ehehe..., Paimon's just being enthusiastic. We're old friends now, she gets it... right?

Katheryne: Hehe, it's always a pleasure to see our two most avid adventurers again. Looking for the next challenge, I see.

Katheryne: Actually, we do in fact have a rather urgent commission that is still open. Having read the details, however, I don't believe you'd consider it to be "lucrative"...

Paimon: Um, don't worry about that. We were just kidding. So what's the situation?

Katheryne: To put it simply, the requester is looking for a temporary replacement actress for their musical. The original cast member ran into some issues, and is currently unable to perform the role.

Katheryne: But the troupe has also been experiencing some financial difficulties, so unfortunately they cannot afford to pay the replacement actress...

Paimon: Hmm... That does sound like a tricky situation. So basically, they're looking for a volunteer?

Katheryne: That's right. Our adventurers reached out to many actresses, but none of them were willing to take the job.

Katheryne: There are only a few days left until the performance. If they can't find someone in time, they'll probably have to postpone the show. And delays tend to create all sorts of new problems...

Paimon: Got it... Oh... This one's a doozy. What do you think,T/N? Any ideas?

Paimon: Even if we took the commission, neither of us have any experience starring in musicals...

Katheryne: Hmm... If you're interested in helping, why not start by having a chat with the requester? He's right over there.

Katheryne: Maybe you can't fill the role yourselves, but you might be able to help him figure out another solution. Maybe there's something he hasn't thought of.

Paimon: Ohh, it's that guy, huh? No wonder he looks like he just ate a sour lemon.

Aether: Paimon...

Paimon: Ah,.P-paimon's sorry. Anyway... let's go talk to him...

The two approach the requester.

Paimon: Hello there! Are you the guy looking for a new actress?

Lauwick: Wait... I know you two! Are you really willing to act in my musical!?

Paimon: Wow, sounds like we're pretty famous in Fontaine already! Heehee.

One minute of the conversation later...

Paimon: Disband? You're splitting up the troupe?

Lauwick: Oh, I guess the lady at the Adventurers' Guild didn't tell you? Yeah... This is supposed to be our final show together as a troupe.

Lauwick: One last show, and after that, we go our separate ways. So we were really hoping to end on a high note.

Lauwick: Nobody wants things to just... fizzle out. Not after all the time and effort we've invested into it.

Aether: Katheryne mentioned that one of your actresses can't make it?

Lauwick: Yeah... the leading lady, in fact. She's been dealing with a chronic illness ever since childhood, and unfortunately it flared up again recently. It really drains all her energy, so she's in no state to perform.

Lauwick: The show just won't be the same without her... But for everyone else's sake, I still hope we can find a way to hold the performance on schedule.

Paimon: Got it. We have a clearer picture now... Um... Let's see if we can come up with any ideas.

Paimon: Uh... What if we sponsored the show? Um... T/N, how much Mora are you carrying?

Lauwick: Ah, please, there's no need to go that far. I wouldn't feel right asking such a huge favor, and I can't promise that we'd ever be able to pay you back.

Aether: Mora isn't the biggest problem...

Paimon: Hmm, good point. If the actress just goes through the motions for the Mora, that's not exactly rescuing the show.

Paimon: We should find someone who'll put on the best performance possible. Hmm... Ooh, wait! What about you-know-who...?

Aether: Great minds think alike. I was just thinking that.

Paimon: Haha, that's how you know we're the best of partners! Anyway, she should have all the free time in the world right now.

Paimon: She's really good at performing, and she was once super popular with the crowd... performing in a musical should be a piece of cake for her!

Lauwick: Who are you thinking of? Sounds like someone famous...?

Aether: It's Furina. (Even though I'm not sure she's fully recovered from trauma enough to perform on the stage...)

Lauwick: Her!? You're... That was a joke, right?

Paimon: Um... Nope. Paimon doesn't actually know if she's performed on stage before, but Paimon's pretty confident that she'd be really good at it.

Lauwick: You're not wrong there... She has actually performed in a number of big-name shows before. They were one of the reasons she was so popular...

Lauwick: But even if she's no longer the Hydro Archon, it's not like she's suddenly a commoner.

Lauwick: She's still an idol to many people in Fontaine, including myself... I just think Lady Furina might feel a bit out of place in an amateur troupe like ours.

Aether : You want the show to go ahead, don't you?

Lauwick: Well yes, but... but...

Aether : Don't worry. I'm quite worry about Furina too. But if you don't want your team to disband yet. I'll try to convince her to help you all.

Lauwick: Huh... Fair enough, I mean, if she was actually willing to, then of course I'd be honored to have Lady Furina star in our show. I'm sure the rest of the troupe would be delighted too.

Lauwick: I'm sure everyone in our troupe has probably dreamt of performing on stage with her one day.

Lauwick: Of course, it all depends on whether she's interested... She might consider this opportunity beneath her...

Paimon: No point stressing about that! We'll only know if we ask her.

Paimon: And besides, things are different now. There's no reason for her to be all high and mighty anymore.

Aether: ... (Sightly glare at Paimon)

Paimon: T/N...? What's wrong? You're scaring Paimon...

Aether: Nevermind that...Let's go. It'll be good to check in on her anyway.

Lauwick: Thank you for your help... I guess I'll just stay here and wait for the good news. Good luck!

-Part 1 end-