𝐓𝐨 𝐲𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 part 2

A/N:
T/N = Traveler name
But the narrator part will refer to the traveller as Aether.

-
Part 2 started
-

• Ask about Furina's disposition

Paimon: Uhh... Did Katheryne really give us the right address? She lives... here?

Paimon: N-Not that there's anything wrong with this place, it's just, uh... a bit of a step down from the Palais Mermonia.

Furina: You know, it's common courtesy to make sure the homeowner isn't in earshot when you're denigrating their abode.

Paimon: Whoa! Okay, when did popping out of thin air become all the rage!? First Katheryne, and now you...

Furina: I was just out on a shopping trip. I ran out of macaroni, so I went to grab a few more bags.

Furina: I used to have a much wider range of choices when it came to food, but now, I'm finding that simple, traditional home cooking can be quite delicious too.

Aether: Sounds tasty. But Don't you get sick of macaroni every day?

Furina: Not at all. As long as you have different kinds of sauces in, you can have macaroni and tomato sauce one week, macaroni and bolognese the next...

Paimon: Oh, sounds like you're really struggling to cope...

Aether: Hey Paimon! Stop it!

Furina:  .... Rude.

Furina: It's not like I have a very eventful life these days. Actually, I barely leave the house. So I don't see how it's unusual that my meals are a little simpler now too.

Furina: Besides, I'm sure I could master dishes like "La Lettre a Focalors" or "Blubber Profiteroles" in no time. If I felt so inclined.

Paimon: Ah, there it is. You don't know how to cook!

Aether: Paimon...

Furina: Pff, not yet, maybe, but... Anyway! What are you even doing here? I do hope you didn't come here just to ogle at my fall from grace?

Furina: Let me first be clear that I'm not taking guests at this time. So if you're just here to clown around, then please be on your way! Shoo!

Paimon: Sorry, we're sorry! Please don't be mad!

Aether: Oh NOW you apologize to her, When you SHOULD be doing it after I told you to STOP.

Paimon: N-No you're wrong T/N! Paimon wasn't trying to make fun of her...

Aether: *sigh*, nevermind that, Furina...we...need your help.

Furina: My help, hmm? Well, maybe you're forgetting that I'm no longer the mighty Hydro Archon. I don't even have a Vision, you know.

Paimon: Don't worry, it's nothing that serious! It's just very specific, and you're the one with the power to help.

Aether: (looks away while whispering 'I'm sorry...')

Furina: Oh? Well, if that's the case, then... fine, I'll spare you the lecture about your attitude just now.

Furina: So tell me. What, specifically, makes this matter so... specific?

They tell Furina about the troupe's plans for its final performance.

Furina: Ah, I see... I knew you couldn't have come all this way just to amuse yourselves at my expense.

Furina: After all, I was once the brightest star in all of Fontaine, well-versed in all the various performing arts. A mere musical is well within my capabilities...

Furina:...But given the present circumstances, I'm afraid I must regretfully decline your casting request.

Paimon: How come? It sounds like this'd be a breeze for you.

Aether: The trauma Paimon, she still has a scar from the memory of her being on the stage.

Furina: You couldn't be more accurate than this
T/N.
You're right, I have made a decision to retire from the stage.

Furina: Although I am no longer required to play the role of the Hydro Archon, the time I spent inhabiting that character has left an indelible mark on me.

Furina: Centuries of pretending to be a different person changes you completely. I'm not the same person I once was.

Furina: Of course, that can't be undone now. It's too late, and I have no intention of reinventing myself all over again.

Aether: I figured out how you really feel already.
I'm sorry for requesting hard work on you...

Paimon: Paimon can understand...

Paimon: But this is just a one-off part to fill in for someone who's sick. Surely that's okay?

Aether: You...She already-

Furina: Whether it's a one-off or not, it's a boundary that I've committed to no longer cross.

Furina: If I make an exception to the rule now, I'm just leaving a backdoor for myself. Which would be the same as not having a boundary in the first place.

Furina: So I'm not going to perform, and that is that.

Paimon: Okay, guess there's no convincing you... Well, is there
anything else we can do to help out the troupe? Otherwise, they'll just have to disband without any fanfare...

Paimon: Do you know any other actors who might be interested in the role?

Furina: Nope.

Paimon: Short and to the point, okay...

Furina: I've never been great at maintaining relationships. Besides, anyone I've ever worked with probably couldn't wait to get rid of me...

Furina: Since I'm just an ordinary person now. They'll probably just laugh in my face if I go asking them for help...

Aether: You shouldn't assume the worst of people. But if they did I'll do my best to protect you.

Furina: Oh! ahaha.. thanks..., but.. I mean, could you even blame them? I show up out of the blue, begging and groveling for their help with a show they won't even get paid for?...*shudders* No way, I'm dying from embarassment just thinking about it. Nope, not happening!

Paimon: Well... Is there anything else we can do? This performance really means a lot to the guy we're working for-

Furina: Have I not made myself clear!? You're barking up the wrong tree. I don't want this job, nor do I know of anyone else who would!

....
Silence fills the air
...

Furina:...*exhale* Sorry, I didn't mean for that to sound so harsh. I wish I could help, really. But if I thought I had the answer to this problem, I would've said so by now.

Paimon: It's alright, Furina. Paimon just wanted to make sure we tried everything. *sigh* Everyone in the troupe will be so disappointed...

Aether: Oh? guilt tripping her now huh?

Paimon: Don't get the wrong idea T/N! Paimon wants to help everyone! For both sides!
...n- nevermind guess that's all we can do now. Alright then Paimon's so sorry for her persuasiveness, we'll see you around, Furina...

Furina: I don't mind....um,Toodle-oo to you too. I'm going home to take a rest now.

◆ Go back and pass on the word about Furina's views

Paimon: Thanks for reminding Paimon to respect Furina's decision...

Paimon: Maybe the thought of performing brings up too many painful memories now...

Aether: I forgive you Paimon. Just... don't go hurt anyone with your carelessness again.

Paimon: Don't worry T/N.
Paimon will try her best!

- Part 2 end -