𝙒𝙝𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙒𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙡𝙤𝙬? Part 1

A/N:
T/N = Traveler name
But the narrator part will refer to the traveller as Aether.

-
Part 1 started
-

Having met with the troupe, they learn two critical members have yet to return. First is Pauleau, who is responsible for completing the script.

He is in Poisson.

◆ Go to Poisson and look for Pauleau

Lauwick: If I remember correctly, this is where he's staying.

Pauleau: Who is it?

Lauwick: It's me. Is the script ready?

Pauleau: ... You came all the way here for that?

Lauwick: Ugh, alright, forget that for now. Just come on out, we've got some great news.

Pauleau: Hmph, nice try... Look, just gimme some time, okay? I'm just wrapping up this last part of the script. I'll be out once I'm done.

Lauwick: Okay then. Looking forward to your masterpiece.

Furina: So... as expected, he's missed the deadline.

Dulphy: The ending is one of the most important parts of the show...

Dulphy: Even once he's done, it isn't final until we've all had the chance to read through and make sure we agree on it.

Navia: Someone told me they'd just seen you in Poisson. I assumed it was a case of mistaken identity, but sure enough, here you are... and Furina, too.

Furina: Ah... I was wondering if we might run into her...

Navia: So, you're here for Pauleau? Looks like he could be a while, so feel free to take a stroll around town in the meantime. I've made all the arrangements already.

Lauwick: Oh, it's okay, we can just wait h-

Dulphy: Thank you for being so considerate, Miss Navia! That sounds wonderful. We'll take that stroll!

Dulphy: Get over here, you! How oblivious are you!?

Furina: How are things in Poisson now? Any better?

Navia: Things are on the mend, but it's a slow process. Some people may never recover from the trauma they experienced.

Furina: I'm... sorry to hear that. I wish there was something I could do...

Aether: Hey you did enough already.

He gently put Furina's hand to his.
Furina stares down at the intertwined hands between the traveller and her, she felt a warmth of comfort from them.

Furina: B-but...I-

Navia: Please...listen to T/N... He's right.

Navia: We all have painful memories, but we don't have to let them cloud everything we do.

Navia: And if you're trying to make a new start, perhaps it's best if you don't bring up the past all the time.

Furina: Thank you for your words of comfort. You make a very good point.

Furina: But for now, at least... I think I should stay with the way I'm feeling for a while longer.

Navia: It's okay. These things take time. Moving on from a painful experience is easier said than done.

Navia: Which brings me to why I'm here... I thought you should probably know that not everyone here is ready to forgive and forget after the Hydro Archon's inaction in the face of catastrophe.

Navia: To avoid upsetting the peace, I told the townspeople that everyone here is a member of the theater troupe... and that you are iust an actress plaving the role of Furina.

Navia: It's not a perfect solution, but hopefully it means you won't have to lie low while you're here.

Paimon: That's so thoughtful of you, Navia!

Navia: Well, what do you expect? I am the courageous and considerate president of Spina di Rosula, after all, like my father before me.

Navia: Anyway, that was all. T/N Look after her, now.

Aether :Got it, Navia.

Furina: Off we go then... Let's take a look up there.

Furina: I don't have any friends that I can be frank and honest with, so maybe she's right. You're the closest thing to friends that I have.

Aether: Then let me be your friends then.

Furina: !

Furina: T/N... Thank you...

Accompany Furina as she unwinds

Furina: I'm so grateful that Miss Navia was so understanding. To be perfectly honest, I didn't know if I was ready to meet her.

Furina: It's always easiest to just run away from your problems. But that never fixes anything. You can't get around the obstacles without facing them.

Paimon: So that's why you were nervous when they brought up Poisson... Paimon believe T/N will protect you no matter what happens!

Furina: I'm really grateful for that. And...I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared of coming back here.

Furina: Still, I felt it was something I had to do. As I was saying before, I want to see for myself the things that I never could in the past.

Furina: I'd be overjoyed if the people here could find it in their hearts to forgive me. But they're more likely to unleash a tirade of vitriol against me, which of course I completely understand and accept.

Aether: ...

Furina: I can tell people are watching me.

Furina: I'm sure some people here see the idea of someone coming to Poisson dressed as the Hydro Archon as extremely disrespectful.

Furina: I used to be terrified of the gaze of other people, especially when they had suspicion or resentment in their eyes.

Furina: ...*sigh* I guess I wasn't quite ready for this after all.

Paimon: Paimon's surprised you're making yourself go through all this. After all this is done we should treat you with desserts!

Aether: Huh, that sounds good to me!

Furina: Desserts... Oh, macarons and cakes would be g- Ah! Ahem,...Are you sure?

Aether: Don't worry, it's my treat.

As things were about to settle down between them, something interrupted.

Paimon: Look... There seems to be a crowd gathering over there.

Aether: They're not staying quiet, either.

Furina: Probably time we made a move.

Furina: How about we check out Spina di Rosula's ship? We should have a view of the whole of Poisson from there.

- Part 1 end -