Chapter 8 - A shameless man's face

"Good morning, Aunt Suzie."

She wished nearing the table as Kairo lifted his eyes. She reciprocated his smile before sitting down next to him.

"Morning Sonia, did you sleep well?"

Suzie, who began serving her breakfast, asked without gazing at her.

"Very well"

Sonia answered while smiling at him, recalling the pleasurable happenings of the previous night as he did too. She squeezed his hand. After last night their bond grew stronger.

"And, what about you son, your parents called."

Kairo was still holding Sonia's hand as his smile vanished and instead, a scowl appeared on his face.

"Tell them not to worry. I am fine."

Suzie sadly nodded at him as he spoke in a harsh tone. She then went to the kitchen leaving them alone.

"You okay?"

He let out a sigh, stroking his thumb over her hand, his face lowered.

"They never cared about me. All they do is send me tons of money every week."

She gave him a hum before saying.

"I did see missed calls from your parents on your phone."

"I wanted them here, Sonia, I needed them, but they are too busy."

"I mean, they must be really busy," she let out a small laugh, "your parents are millionaires after all, you get me."

Her tone was ironic as he chuckled as well.

"Still, I am their only son."

"At least you have both of your parents, Kairo. I don't have either of them."

He frowned to notice her eyes turning watery.

"Hey, come here."

He pulled her to him by the nape and kissed her cheek while she pouted.

"You are lucky to have them, trust me."

She mumbled as he hugged her tightly.

"Don't be sad, beautiful, because I don't know how to handle a sad woman."

"Of course, you don't."

She giggled, breaking off their hug, and punched his shoulder.

"Oww"

"You Casanova"

She commented while munching on her toast as he winked at her. While they were quietly eating, she kept on gazing at her phone. 

She was missing her flatmate/best friend and it wasn't a lie until Kiaro spoke up.

"It wasn't an accident."

"What did you say?"

She lifted her brows as he snapped his eyes at her.

"Nico's death," he breathed, finding it difficult to complete his sentence, "I don't think it was an accident."

"What do you mean?"

She appeared puzzled.

"I don't know,"

When he raked his hand over his face, she frowned.

"He was heavily drunk."

"That's the thing. That night wasn't the first time he had been drinking and driving, Sonia. He had done that before. Also, he wasn't that drunk but he looked upset."