𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

The snake was dead

The snake was dead.

I was alive.

And my friends were cursed.

"Silver!" Enzo run up to me, Theo and Izzy right behind him.

I was kneeling on the ground, watching the heavy sword lying in front of me, in a pond of thick, red blood.

Elize hugged me tightly, sobbing on my shoulders.

"I thought you died.." She cried out.

"I'm okay.." I replied, still shaking.

"I wouldn't say the same for the beast." Enzo said, looking towards the snake's corpse.

"We found a diary.." Theodore said, handing me an old, dusty book.

"It's Tom Riddle's." Izzy commented.

"Did you read it?" I asked, examining the book in my hands.

"Well, he mostly wrote down about his hatred towards muggle born students. And then, in the lasts pages he described his new target.." Izzy replied.

"Which is?" I asked.

"The three of you." Enzo answered, staring at his feet.

"Awesome." I mumbled.

"Where are the others? Are they okay?" Enzo asked.

"I.."

I didn't know. I left them standing there, petrified, helpless. If they were hurt, it was all my fault.

I couldn't save them. But how would I tell the others about it? They wouldn't understand.

My life was at risk just minutes ago. But I would die trying to save them, than accepting that I lost them. I would never forgive myself if that happened.

"Silver, cut the heroic act and hurry the fuck up."
His familiar voice echoed in my head once again.

And even if it usually irritated me, this time, I was over the moon when felt him.

Mattheo?

"Surprise surprise."

You're alive?

"Almost."

What the hell do you mean?

"I'm right where you left us. Come fix this."

"AnneMarie?" Enzo snapped me back to reality, waving his hand in front of my face.

"Yeah, sorry. They're alive." I said as I started walking towards the corridor, where I left their frozen bodies.

"Is everything okay?" Izzy asked, as she followed.

"I guess.. We will see." I replied.

We finally reached the spot, and I noticed Mattheo and Harry standing still. They were still petrified.