𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

We all gathered in the Astronomy tower just like we said

We all gathered in the Astronomy tower just like we said. Blankets were laid on the floor, snacks spread everywhere, as well as drinks, my favourite butterbeer and a loud JBL speaker.

We were starting to play magical board games, when Izzy appeared at the top of the stairs, holding Theo's hand. Ew.

Just behind them was an excited Enzo, who immidiately run up to me and hugged me from behind, kleeling down.

"Hey you." I greeted him, ruffling his fluffy brown hair.

He smiled and sat next to me, asking the rules to the board game.

Elise and Theodore sat on another blanket, probably to make out without us interrupting them. But then again, I couldn't say anything to Izzy, because she was in fact doing me a favour.

Which favour just walked in.

He was wearing a black hoodie and gray sweatpants. His curls were messy, his eyes dark and empty as usual. He spotted me in the crowd and gave me a warning look.

He walked over to us and sat near Enzo, who had his hand over my shoulder.

"Hey." He spoke.

"Hey Riddle." Hermione replied.

She doesn't like him much, that I can tell. But she is trying to be good with everyone, and that's understandable.

"So watcha playing?" He asked casually.

"Monopoly. The muggle game." I replied.

"But with some magic in it." Fred commented, smirking.

"What are we waiting for? Let's begin." Oliver said, taking a sip fro his beer.

"Unless Enzo is afraid to lose." I say, looking at him.

"Bring it on baby." He nudged me, both us of earning death stares from Riddle.

.·:*¨¨* ≈≈ *¨¨*:·.

After quite sometime we decided to relax and lay on the blankets, staring at the clear night sky. The stars were shining brightly, standing out in the darkness. It was truly mesmerizing.

I am indeed one of those people who can lay down and stare at the sky, the stars, the moon, in complete awe, finding comfort in them. I guess I was doing the same right now, letting myself get lost in the moment, in the view.

I was oddly relaxed, feeling someone caressing my hair lightly. I did'd pay much attention, just smiled. Izzy always liked stroking my hair, telling me how soft it is and how nice it smells.

Suddenly, I heard a thunder striking somewhere far away. I stood up, looked at the forbidden forest and saw a lighning hitting the ground. A shiny, blue lightning.

"You afraid of the rain, sweetheart?" Enzo mocked me.

"No.. It's not that.." I replied nervously.

"The forbidden forest is full of extreme weather conditions. They won't reach the castle though." Hermione said, patting my shoulder.

"I know. I'll go get some fresh air, fix the music before I return!" I said as I walked towards the edge of the roof, to catch my breath.

Rain and lightnings always upset me. They used to mean that someone I know was close. But now she was gone.

I let my hands relax on the edge's railing, staring at the forest ahead.

I exhaled loudly, and I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder reassuringly.

"Woah, easy there. I didn't even touch you yet." Mattheo chuckles softly.

"Screw you, Mattheo." I reply, not even turning to look at him.

Telekinesis by Tavis Scott and SZA starts playing on the speaker and I feel like I might actually jump off the roof and kill myself. Bastards.

"Keep saying that and I'll believe you actually want it." He says, his casual smirk formed on his lips.

"Not the time.." I breath out once again.

"Clearly." He brings a ciggarette to his mouth and lights it. He breathes in the smoke, then releases it smoothly.

He looks so focused and chill at the same time, it has me intrigued. My eyes were glowed on him without even realising.

He notices me and the ends of his lips curve. He brings the cigar to my mouth and motions me to puff on it.

I hesitantly accept, letting the smoke meet my dry throat. It was much more comforting than it should.

"Enough for you now, lady." He warns as he takes a drag of it.

I smirk, stealing it away from his lips with my fingers, placing it on my lips instead.

He lets out a small breathy laugh as he places his hand on top of my own, now both of them chilling on the cold railing.

"You know sometimes.. Random thigs bring up memories I tried to forget. It sucks because I can't push them away. I faced situations I didn't choose. How could I choose something like that when I was only a child?" He spoke, bringing a new cigarette to his mouth.

"What do you mean?" I ask quietly.

"What I mean is.. Whatever you experienced and thunders emind you of, is okay. You don't have to hide it. I don't know your story, but trust me I had a difficult past too. I'm forced to run from it all my life. And I dread that something is close. Something I won't be able to run from this time.." He puffed on his cigar once again, his grip on my hand tightened.

"Because of your father isn't it? You're afraid he is coming back?" I questioned him. I didn't want to be rude, just for him to open up to me.

"Oh he is coming back. And I'll fight him. And I'm cool with that, as long as I die if he wins. I can't live like this again." His voice cracked when he spoke, and I felt my heart shattering.

"I didn't choose to run. My mother left my father and me when I was a child. She said she would come back when I was at an age to fulfill some prophecy shit. Each time I see a thunder striking, I'm scared that the time has come. That she has come back for me." I said, my words spilling out og my mouth before I can stop them. I want him to know.

"Why a thunder? Isn't your mother a muggle?" He asked curiously, turning to face me now.

"Quite the opposite. That doesn't matter anyway. What matters is, you don't have to be alone here. I'll help you fight him when he gets back. If my mother hasn't kidnapped me til then.." My hand caresses his cheek softly.

He throws his cigarette on the floor and cups my face with both his hands. His eyes glow, his sweet gaze pierces through me like a knife to the heart.

"I'd kiss you right now but it's clearly because of the emotional strain. I'd never kiss you normally." He speaks, his words stinging me.

"Couldn't agree more. You are not used to people caring about you." I sneer.

I suddenly pull away, puffing my cigarette, trying to kill the tension that just grew between us.

I'd kill myself if I ever kissed that son of a bitch.

"Prepare your suicide letter soon yet."
The familiar voice hit me again, but I shut it out.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚✨˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*