8. Abby

I was curling my hair while talking to Alyssa, who was sitting on my bed. "So, who is hotter," I saw her smile through the mirror, "Jordan or Stephen?"

I placed my curling wand on the table in front of me and turned around. "Why would you even ask me something like that? We're only friends." I tell her.

I get up and slip on white heels to go along with my purple dress I had on. Alyssa was forcing me to wear this because she said it was basically my first date.

"Yeah, right. Jordan flirts with you constantly and Stephen always wants to hang out with you. They both like you." She pointed out.

She gets up and goes over to my jewelry box. My mom bought all that stuff, but I never wore any of it. The only thing I wore was a necklace that Matt got me. He got it for me for my birthday and I started wearing it more when he went off to college.

"Here, put on these diamond earrings." She tossed them to me and I barely caught them.

I put the earrings on and looked at myself in the mirror. Alyssa had done my makeup already and I did my hair. I had been watching YouTube videos because I bought a curling wand and I wanted to know how to do my hair. Anyways, turns out I did a pretty good job. Those YouTube videos really helped.

A knock came from my balcony door. I turned to Alyssa and gave her a questioning look. She shrugged and gestured for me to go over to the door.
I walked over to the door. I picked up a book off one of my shelves. It was pretty heavy and I looked at it. Divergent. I opened the door and threw the book.

"Ouch! What the hell, Abby?!" Jake shouted.

He was on his knees grabbing his crotch, in pain. I kneeled down beside him. "I'm so sorry, Jake. I thought you were a robber or something." I helped him up and took him over to my bed.

"Abby, a robber wouldn't knock if he was going to steal something." He smirked.

Alyssa helped me place him on my bed and then went down to the kitchen to get some ice.

"Why didn't you come to the front door? You haven't used the balcony door in like forever." I asked him.

"I just thought I would just surprise you. Remember the first time I used the balcony door. I didn't want your parents to know I was here at 2 a.m." He laughed.

"Yeah. Your parents were fighting and you couldn't get any sleep so you came to my room." I remember it like it was yesterday.

Jake would always come to my house when his parents fought or had to work. He would knock on my balcony door, I'd get up and let him in, he'd get on the right side of the bed while I was on the left, and then we'd talk for hours until we both fell asleep.

"So why are you dressed up. Jordan coming to get you or something?" He asked.

"Um, no. I'm hanging out with Stephen tonight. It's not a date. We're just friends." I tell him.

Alyssa comes back in and tosses the ice pack towards Jake. He catches it and places the ice pack on his crotch. "She's lying. It's totally a date." Alyssa smiles.

I shoot a bird at her. "You're an idiot." I tell her.

We all sit around and talk for about half an hour. The door bell rung downstairs and I got up. I went downstairs along with Jake and Alyssa.

I opened the door and was met with Stephen. He was already smiling and his smile became wider when he saw me. He looked so good right now.

He had on a black snapback turned to the back, a black v neck on, and light wash jeans. He was looking me over while I was looking him over.