i love you b!tch

As we drove down the rode the car was silent. I don't know what we were expecting. Maybe for Mike to grill Nando? Maybe for us to talk about what just happened to me? Maybe about what my dad said in the voicemail? But we said absolutely nothing. The car was silent all the way to the hospital.

Someone clearing there throat bought my attention and everyone's attention was on Becks as she spoke to me. "Did you ever text Tate back?" She asked.

I shook my head no and began to pull out my phone but of course Mike beat me to the punch. "No need. I texted him and your dad and let them know what was going on. They are meeting us there. And don't worry, she won't be there. I made sure of that."

"What?" I said.

"Yeah, what?" Becks repeated.

"I kind of cussed your dad out." He said.

"What do you mean by kind of?" Asked Nando. I felt bad that he was dragged into this.

Instead of barking back at Nando like I thought he would, Mike just simply answered the question. Guess he just saves all the unwanted and unnecessary hostility for me. "I might not be head over heels in love with you like everyone else is. But your family now, and the way your dad handled that was terrible. I think I can officially say that I am his least favorite Mancini brother."

"Oh my god. That's basically his way of saying he loves you." Said Becks. I couldn't help but smile.

Once we made it to the hospital, Mike told me and Becks to go inside, while he stayed outside and talked to Nando.

My eyes went to Becks and I was gonna object before Nando shook his head. "I'll be fine. Just get checked out." Nando said and I gave Mike one last look and nodded.

Becks grabbed me by my hand and began to pull me inside. I took one last peak at Nando to see if there was any hesitation or uncomfortable energy around him, but he just smiled at me.

Once we were inside and checked in, we waited to be called back for observation.

"What do you think Mike is talking to Nando about?" I asked Becks.

Becks grabbed my hand and hers and leaned against the chair and closed her eyes. "Probably ask him if he likes you and if so to back off."

"What?!" I squeaked.

"Didn't he ask you out?" She asked. I nodded and began to lean back against the chair as well and began to stair at the ceiling.

"Yeah but he's just a friend. And I told him that." I said.

A small chuckle left Becks lips. "Mi amor. I forget how innocent you are. You may not have feelings doesn't mean he doesn't."

I didn't have anything to say to that. She was right, but I didn't sense anything like that from Nando.

"You should've saw the way he held you. Though it was mostly to calm you down but there was something more there." She said.

The only thing on my mind at that moment was my dad and my mom and not being able to breathe. I hadn't even look realized that Nando was holding. Speaking of my dad, what the hell am I gonna do about this situation?

My mom wants to see me. The woman who caused me to have a life long heart problem. The woman who broke my fathers heart repeatedly. Just because she's ready to talk doesn't mean I am.

"Loni?" Becks said pulling me out of my thoughts. I turned to her and saw a concerned look on her face. "Your breathing is weird again and your eyes are watery. What's wrong?"

I closed my eyes and let the unshed tear fall. "I'm not ready.....I'm not ready to face her." I said.

Becks pulled me closer to her side and wiped away my tears. "Then don't. You do it on your time. You have every right to be selfish about this ok? And whenever your ready, you won't be alone. Me, your dad, Tate, Tim, Mike, and Doc Ty will all be there to help you through it ok?" She kissed the top of my head and held me tight.

"I love you bitch." I said with a watery laugh.

"I love you too."